• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I'm just wondering if they received any Asus tuf non-OC sine launch. I looked on Gibbos update and couldn't find any. With 999th place in queue and that speed of getting card it looks like I will play on Christmas using old gtx970. I'm lucky that I didn't sold it.

Associate
Has anyone got a dispatch email from OCuk for the Gaming X ?
Yeah, one report from position 12th in queue. But no 5 is still 5.

My order has shipped for MSI Trio OC I was 12th in the queue...Good Luck Guys and I hope you get yours soon enough fingers crossed... Waited one month that's not too bad... Love to all x

@TwiztedMizta Can you please provide a screenshot of the dispatch email?

Associate
There doesn't seem to be much Asus TUF about at the moment as it is air freight only, given it was Golden week last week I would imagine the flow to start next week. Who knows, maybe the robot arms were working overtime during Golden week and we will be showered with 3080's next week? ;)

Associate
I'm just wondering if they received any Asus tuf non-OC sine launch. I looked on Gibbos update and couldn't find any. With 999th place in queue and that speed of getting card it looks like I will play on Christmas using old gtx970. I'm lucky that I didn't sold it.

Nah none since launch, one very small batch a couple of days after launch and that's it. We're approaching the 1-month anniversary of the last non-OC TUF to leave their warehouse.

Soldato
So swapping cards is now off the table. Thought as mine will be going on a water block I'd cough the extra and get the Strix OC but told this morning its now a cancel and new order and that would mean February/March. Hopefully a modded bios comes out raising the power limit fairly soon.

Permabanned
I'm sorry but how do you know that?
It is certain, just wait and see. Gibbo said that dream delivery would be 100 cards. Delivery every two weeks. 11 weeks to christmas. Assuming that dream amount of card will arrive every time , that is 5.5 sea deliveries so 550 cards. Now, it is unlikely that dream delivery will happen every time. Every retailer, distributor etc is desperate for these cards. So I am assuming that sea freight mixed with air freight wont yield more than 500 cards delivered this year.

Associate
you guys buying the boatload of cards at end of month to starve amd of sales, pitch? i don't personally see it happening. if they do it they'll put a bad taste in my mouth. and hopefully by the time the 3080 is too slow everyone involved on that decision will have left nvidia so i can happily preorder the 7080 lmao

Associate
It is certain, just wait and see. Gibbo said that dream delivery would be 100 cards. Delivery every two weeks. 11 weeks to christmas. Assuming that dream amount of card will arrive every time , that is 5.5 sea deliveries so 550 cards. Now, it is unlikely that dream delivery will happen every time. Every retailer, distributor etc is desperate for these cards. So I am assuming that sea freight mixed with air freight wont yield more than 500 cards delivered this year.
Good news is that he actually said more than 1000 is a dream amount, and more than 100 is just "big". Let's hope manufacturers feel comfortable shipping out lots of very big amounts to the UK by the end of the year!

Associate
Good news is that he actually said more than 1000 is a dream amount, and more than 100 is just "big". Let's hope manufacturers feel comfortable shipping out lots of very big amounts to the UK by the end of the year!

Given that a competitor has repeatedly said they expect to clear their backlog by the end of November(and that includes a queue of over 1000), id think there must be some consensus that shipments moving forwards will be fairly large.

With that the worrying sign is again having had an eye on competitors who provide much more detail in updates, none seem to have received any news what so ever about their next ASUS shipments(one has been actively tweeting that they have been expecting an update from ASUS but not had one).

Associate
you guys buying the boatload of cards at end of month to starve amd of sales, pitch? i don't personally see it happening. if they do it they'll put a bad taste in my mouth. and hopefully by the time the 3080 is too slow everyone involved on that decision will have left nvidia so i can happily preorder the 7080 lmao

Nah, it's a bad idea marketing-wise to cut it close. If nvidia were trying to shut down big navi, they'd need enough cards for ALL current customers asap. The second those AMD cards drop, people will start to cancel existing nvidia orders and nvidia will be losing out more than if they'd just sent all cards to begin with. So, while it'd be nice to imagine this huge swarm of cards on the horizon, it wouldn't make sense for nvidia to take that approach.

Associate
Nah none since launch, one very small batch a couple of days after launch and that's it. We're approaching the 1-month anniversary of the last non-OC TUF to leave their warehouse.
As they are the nearest to the SRP, there is less margin so I am hoping they are on a boat instead of flying. Hope and luck are always a strategy.

Ordered on 21st September, was 1380 and now 1230 in the TUF non OC queue.

Associate
I'm not sure I buy it. It might be true, it might be not, but the demand for the cards is now and the more they wait, the more people cancel preorders and decide to check BigNavi. If they really want to "steal" buyers from AMD, they'd try to satisfy the demand immediately: if you had your 3080 now, you wouldn't sell it to get a BigNavi card once those are available: you'd just keep your 3080.

Back
Top Bottom