• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Thought Apple was going to do an Nvidia style launch when it didn’t work dead on 1. Ordered a 12 in black for delivery on the 23rd, thought about getting the pro but I really don’t use the camera that much and as far I as I can that’s the only major difference.

Soldato
Anyone getting a screen protector? If so, which is the one to go for these days?

I've already got a cheapy TPU case that turned up today which is nice so I thought I was all set until I read that, I'd completely forgotten about screen protectors :D

I've just ordered a few of the film type ones from eBay. Obviously since the XR and 11 are the same screen size, those ones should be just fine. I'm pretty good at getting those on with no dust etc these days. Not a fan of tempered glass ones personally, they seem to be incredibly fragile and bulk the phone out a bit more.

Soldato
In case anyone needs a charger, IKEA do one called ASKSTORM which is a 40W USB charger with USB C and two USB A connectors for £17. Cheaper than the Anker stuff I saw.

Associate
Was going to wait for the mini but managed to get in an Amazon preorder for a 256gb Pro for £849 which is obviously a mis-price.

Will now wait and see if they honour it.

Caporegime
Just placed my order for the 12 pro 256gb in pacific blue via Vodafone. Should get it October 23rd.

Worked out about the same price as I would pay if I went through Apple with the 24mth 0% plan.

Because I have 2 lines along with an Apple Watch, my monthly is around £87 a month. But with the new upgrade it works out to about £120-ish. Only thing is that I have to pay £49 upfront.
Having thought about this, I just cancelled. I just don’t see why I have to pay £49 upfront when Apple don’t charge me.
In the end it all works out the same monthly cost, just means that it will be 2 separate direct debits rather than just the one.
Ordered through Apple direct but won’t have it till early November.

Soldato
For me personally, being able to have the phone I wanted with my sim only contract comes to simply £39.95/month for 24 months. All whilst paying nothing upfront. However, taking the whole thing through Three would mean I pay either £230 upfront and pay £47/month or £99 upfront and £53/month. Both have half the data too, with only 4GB and not 8GB as they don't give that option...

Looking forward to this little performance bump as well as getting to play with the ultra-wide camera. First completely new iPhone since I pre-ordered my 6 way back when. :)

Associate
anyone having a nightmare with the vodafone site?

Vodafone - imagine that :D

Finally silver pro 128GB arrives in November thats the wifes done need to wait now for the max for myself .

Have to say i don't use apple pay wife does didn't have all her details in there so how it's been allowed to pay for things other that this is beyond me .

Ordered a couple of 12 pro’s and paid with Apple Pay. What a carry on. Backwards and forwards as address didn’t match then there was no delivery address then there was no name?? 4th attempt and address was incorrect AGAIN. Turned out last three characters of post code had been split so corrected that and then got another error. Didn’t take any notice I hit the cancel button. Store froze whilst it thought about it and I went back to iMessage where was chatting with my son. After maybe a minute a toast message pops up to say all had gone through. I also used Apple Pay in the past without issues. What occurred today I don’t know. Guess they were under pressure.

Two 12pros as one is for the mrs :rolleyes: Delivery is first week of November. Could have been picked up sooner from my nearest Apple store which is 35miles away.

Associate
Not entirely sure what happened, came home from work, started browsing the phones. Next thing I know, I receive a order confirmation email. Blue 12 pro 256gb incoming...with charger haha. Cya later android...i guess.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
wonder what the biggest jump is to get one of these phones? Many people upgrading from recent phones but haven't seen too many people jumping from older phones.

I'm going from a 7 Plus 32gb to a 12 pro 128gb - Can that be beaten?
6 Plus 64GB > 12 Pro Max 128GB

I'd have kept the 6 another year if the touchscreen hadn't gone dodgy.

Soldato
Was on the phone to Apple support earlier as I wasn't sure if my order went through.

Even the guy on the phone was taking the **** He goes 'I can help you with everything except a charger' :D

Back
Top Bottom