• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
wonder what the biggest jump is to get one of these phones? Many people upgrading from recent phones but haven't seen too many people jumping from older phones.

I'm going from a 7 Plus 32gb to a 12 pro 128gb - Can that be beaten?

I'm sort of going from a standard 7 32GB to a 12 Pro 128GB. However, I have had other phones in between (8 Plus, X, XS Max, 11 Pro) but I sold my 11 Pro a little while back to clear the contract off while it was still worth a good amount. I've been using the 7 for long enough now though, over a month I think, so it's going to feel like a huge step up.

6 Plus 64GB > 12 Pro Max 128GB

I'd have kept the 6 another year if the touchscreen hadn't gone dodgy.

That'll be quite an impressive leap too. Still got a 6 Plus lurking around here that is still quite usable after putting a new battery in it. The speed difference will be insane though :) iOS 12 to 14 will bring some nice new touches as well.

Commissario
As you're a 6 owner, do you know if I'd need a new sim for the 12? I remember back when I got mine sim card sizes were getting smaller and smaller.
This sim will fit but be aware that depending on how old it is, some things may not be supported. It was around that time that I had big problems when EE introduced WiFi calling and after weeks of them trying to get it to work on my account, the only way we managed it was to replace the sim. Everything else worked, just not WiFi calling. As soon as I put the new sim in, it sprang into life.

Caporegime
So I’m assuming that my old iPhone XS wall charger will not be compatible with the new iPhone charging cable?? But speaking to the lady at Vodafone she said it won’t be compatible as it’s a usb a rather than a usb c which is the new one.

Not that it’s a huge deal as you no longer get a charger in the box, only £20 to get a new one.

Soldato
So I’m assuming that my old iPhone XS wall charger will not be compatible with the new iPhone charging cable?? But speaking to the lady at Vodafone she said it won’t be compatible as it’s a usb a rather than a usb c which is the new one.

Not that it’s a huge deal as you no longer get a charger in the box, only £20 to get a new one.

£20 that you shouldn't have to spend, but will boost Apples profits.

Commissario
The cable that comes with the new iPhone won't fit your old charger but your old cable will fit your new iPhone. You won't have to buy a new charger.

Associate
Is anyone here going from 11 pro to 12 pro

Yep... got my 12pro ordered to replace my 11pro. I just do the upgrade and sell cycle basically every year, I like having a new battery and the latest tech along with a brand new unscratched screen. Most upgrades end up being fairly minor.

Soldato
Yep... got my 12pro ordered to replace my 11pro. I just do the upgrade and sell cycle basically every year, I like having a new battery and the latest tech along with a brand new unscratched screen. Most upgrades end up being fairly minor.

I’ve gone from a 11 pro max to a 12 pro I wanted to back to standard size and that slight screen enlargement sent me back. Looking forward to it

also the raw photo interest me too as I do photography with mirrorless.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I opted for the MagSafe charger. I have a Belkin wireless charger but I’ve given that to my wife who just got her first wireless charging phone (Pixel 5).

Soldato
I'm tempted by the MagSafe charger to update my charging pad. One thing I have just ordered from Amazon is the Spigen 27W USB-C charger, which is currently 50% off till the 20th, so works out at £7.79. :)

Soldato
Except the phones are cheaper this year.

Except they're not, in the case of the best selling phone;

iPhone 11 release price £729
iPhone 12 release price £799

This phone will make up the majority of sales and it's a significant increase when you also factor in the removal of the charger.

Back
Top Bottom