• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I picked up a pair of the 700s a couple of weeks ago, tried them on my pc (traded in my xbox a few weeks back) they really sound impressive using the Dolby app, they should sound great when my Series X arrives.

Bought the full version of the app which lets me access Atmos on the series X too :)

Cheers all

Oh, its not included? I'll definitely be picking that up then. Never even thought to get it on PC. Good to know it links up.

I think Cyberpunk will support it, thats good enough for me :)

I assume as long its purchased on the same MS account its available to use on the X?

Last edited:
Associate
Oh, its not included? I'll definitely be picking that up then. Never even thought to get it on PC. Good to know it links up.

I think Cyberpunk will support it, thats good enough for me :)

I assume as long its purchased on the same MS account its available to use on the X?

Thats correct up to 6 devices I think, you get a free 7 day trial from the dolby app via the windows store, try it and see if you like it.

Cheers all

Associate
Did you get the money straight away?

I've got an Xbox One S and PS4 Pro to trade in and was going to take them to CEX but been messed around by them in the past having devices all day and not bothering to check them.

Soldato
Something interesting to note in favour of the xbox series..

The SSD seems to sit inside a tray and can actually be replaced later down the line.

Wheras the PS5 SSD is soldered with no cooling

It is also interesting to see that the expansion card that can be purchased as an optional extra, comes with a clear idea on cooling, thermal compound on the NAND and controller.

20200924_163333-e1602705255905.jpg

ssd.png

121999116-10158549620245801-7249532876314287342-n.jpg

Soldato
Something interesting to note in favour of the xbox series..

The SSD seems to sit inside a tray and can actually be replaced later down the line.

Easily replaced by Microsoft when they decide to create a 2TB console SKU in a year or so. The socket appears to be proprietary so I doubt it's something you can do yourself unless you cannibalise one of the memory expansions, in which case you may as well plug one in the back.

Soldato
Easily replaced by Microsoft when they decide to create a 2TB console SKU in a year or so. The socket appears to be proprietary so I doubt it's something you can do yourself unless you cannibalise one of the memory expansions, in which case you may as well plug one in the back.

I think the point is from a repair perspective it's great, maybe not upgrade. And I don't know if you will be able to install the Xbox is on the external.

Soldato
Currently got, on pre-order : watch dogs, ac Valhalla, cod and cyberpunk. Should be good till the turn of the year along with the Xbox one games..

Back
Top Bottom