Mini cooper r56 or Swift Sport

Associate
OP
So to bring a pretty boring and disappointing end to this thread....

I did take a look at a SSS and Mini Cooper and sadly the sss was a bit of a tatty mess. The mini was actually really nice though tbh.
Sadly though I have just had a very close family bereavement which as a consequence and has meant I will be driving back and forth to my mums a couple of times a week to look after her, which is certainly no epic journey by any means (~100 mile round trip) but has made me rethink what I need in a car for the foreseeable.

Anyway I ended up with a Corsa. A diesel Corsa. :(
The only saving grace apart from being newer and lower mileage is that it's the 1.7 cdti 130ps which tbf is actually pretty quick (comparatively!) and being the SE trim has things like heated seats and steering wheel. Auto wipers and lights are quite nice too. It's fine, but just so ruddy boring.

So yes, altogether very boring as I said and I certainly don't look at the car and think I want to go for a drive, but when life throws you you lemons eh?

edit... and I'm not asking for 101 reasons why the 1.7/130 is a terrible terrible engine which will probably go kaboom the next time I start the car!! :p

Associate
If you're doing that many miles, why did you land on a diesel shoebox? Surely a mondeo/passat/octavia other mile muncher would have been a better shout, understand they're nothing like the original wants but tbh, neither is the corsa other than size...

Associate
OP
If you're doing that many miles, why did you land on a diesel shoebox? Surely a mondeo/passat/octavia other mile muncher would have been a better shout, understand they're nothing like the original wants but tbh, neither is the corsa other than size...

I always needed a small car due to parking at home. Mrs has her company car on the drive and I basically T mine across that. Anything much bigger would have been quote awkward to park.
Tbf though the Corsa does feel ok inside and certainly a lot bigger than it is.

Associate
I always needed a small car due to parking at home. Mrs has her company car on the drive and I basically T mine across that. Anything much bigger would have been quote awkward to park.
Tbf though the Corsa does feel ok inside and certainly a lot bigger than it is.

Ah, makes sense!

Associate
So to bring a pretty boring and disappointing end to this thread....

I did take a look at a SSS and Mini Cooper and sadly the sss was a bit of a tatty mess. The mini was actually really nice though tbh.
Sadly though I have just had a very close family bereavement which as a consequence and has meant I will be driving back and forth to my mums a couple of times a week to look after her, which is certainly no epic journey by any means (~100 mile round trip) but has made me rethink what I need in a car for the foreseeable.

Anyway I ended up with a Corsa. A diesel Corsa. :(
The only saving grace apart from being newer and lower mileage is that it's the 1.7 cdti 130ps which tbf is actually pretty quick (comparatively!) and being the SE trim has things like heated seats and steering wheel. Auto wipers and lights are quite nice too. It's fine, but just so ruddy boring.

So yes, altogether very boring as I said and I certainly don't look at the car and think I want to go for a drive, but when life throws you you lemons eh?

edit... and I'm not asking for 101 reasons why the 1.7/130 is a terrible terrible engine which will probably go kaboom the next time I start the car!! :p

First of all, sorry to hear that and look after your mum.

You'll have future chances to try something fun, you can chop in the Corsa if and when it suits your situation.

Back
Top Bottom