*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
The only thing that concerns me is the driving. I just hope it fits in well with the general "feel" of the game; I don't like the idea of a cyberpunk GTA.

Soldato
That woman at 14.50/15.40 is HOT! :eek::eek::eek::D

BothDefiantBluegill-small.gif

Not to worry, I hear the casting business in Czechia is booming. Maybe you'll get lucky once she finishes high-school. :p

Associate
Cyberpunk GTA is surely a good thing? Rockstar are not going to give us GTA6 on PC for at least a few more years so this will do for the time being.

If you're coming at it from a perspective of wanting more GTA, then sure ... but if you're not that fussed about GTA and don't want Cyberpunk to echo that game at all, then no.

Man of Honour
But GTA style mechanics is necessary in a game like this and in fact some of the mission objectives revolve around stealing a vehicle for a job, or if you want to simply explore the city then how else do you expect to mooch about, horseback? :D

Fact is if you couldn't interact with stuff after getting into a vehicle, people would complain the sandbox isn't dynamic enough and there's not enough interaction, if you are able to, it';s suddenly a GTA clone.

Can't win lol.

Soldato
But GTA style mechanics is necessary in a game like this and in fact some of the mission objectives revolve around stealing a vehicle for a job, or if you want to simply explore the city then how else do you expect to mooch about, horseback? :D

Fact is if you couldn't interact with stuff after getting into a vehicle, people would complain the sandbox isn't dynamic enough and there's not enough interaction, if you are able to, it';s suddenly a GTA clone.

Can't win lol.
Never heard that ever be a complaint in the Deus Ex games.

Lets be honest here, the driving, no matter how much they show of it, still looks like that weird floating in-air, turning on the centre axis handling we have seen in many games across the decade and we all know its just not fun handling cars in that manner.

Man of Honour
The 20min gameplay video posted above shows that year but the footage from yesterday shows a massive improvement there and I imagine release version of the game to be improved even further? After all what was the point of them spending time with actual race track cars and drivers and pulling in handling data if all the cars will do is rotate about the centre axis when turning? :p

We will find out in a few weeks I guess.

I can tell you which game I'm going to play next that I won't finish....Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm sure it will be amazing for the first 12-18hrs or so, then the usual boredom will set in that seems to happen with ALL open world type RPG games. I've never been able to complete any of them, none. I always find you reach a point in them when you've basically seen and done everything there is to see & do and they just become a relentless grind of side quests.
I'm a firm believer that the reason for this mostly is because games are fun when you're learning them, and once you've discovered all there is to the fake in terms of how it works, all that is left is the story, which in open worlds is typically a grind.

This is the same issue be it with computer games or board games. The fun is learning how to play.

Associate
The only thing that concerns me is the driving. I just hope it fits in well with the general "feel" of the game; I don't like the idea of a cyberpunk GTA.

Me neither. It’s almost making the game look a little comical and seems to distract from what I imagined to be game with dark, neon streets begging to be explored

And I realise the 3rd person perspective of the cars seems necessary but a major immersion breaker for me

Soldato
Cyberpunk GTA is surely a good thing? Rockstar are not going to give us GTA6 on PC for at least a few more years so this will do for the time being.

Depends... missions were kinda short (nevermind having the option of stealth, "hacks" or action), police was teleporting all over the place by telepathy knowing that you're doing something wrong, etc. :)

Soldato
Never heard that ever be a complaint in the Deus Ex games.

Lets be honest here, the driving, no matter how much they show of it, still looks like that weird floating in-air, turning on the centre axis handling we have seen in many games across the decade and we all know its just not fun handling cars in that manner.

How do you know what cars in 2077 are going to handle like? :confused: :p

Back
Top Bottom