MSI G60 6QE - Dead

Associate
my laptop died last week, and was mainly used for web surfing, downloading this and that and the video editing for the Mrs YT channel - now I have to use the desktop which I don't mind doing, but as I spend all day on a PC at work. I don't want to at home.

I'm going to try an get it repaired, but the local computer shop told me no motherboards are available for it - it looks like a failed capacitor he thinks, but can't find schematics to check etc.

Anyway on the lookout for another laptop similar in spec to my MSI - want an i7 - 16gb ram and a decent graphics card - space for a SSD got a 2tb 2.5inch Samsung that was in the MSI, and a 4K screen - yes I know not needed but I prefer them - as I've got so used to it, and can use it to test the videos once I've exported them for YT.

Thoughts?

budget = the cheaper the better!

Associate
OP
Wouldn't have an issue with a ryzen cpu but can't find any machines with 4k displays. Gpu wise enough to encode 4k videos, old laptop used to take around an hour to do it sometimes less. 1060/1660 should be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom