How fussy are you on parking?

Soldato
By that I mean, do you care if your car is parked at a slight angle where you didn't park exactly parallel to the kerb and your front wheels are slightly further from the kerb than the rears, or vice versa?

I don't have OCD as such, but there's something about parking that I want to get as neat as possible, and I'll take longer parking and checking my wheel to kerb distance.

Sometimes I've parked up and left the car only to turn around and see it's not parked to my high standards. The only exceptions are when a parking space is so tight to get into and there's no room for perfection.

I know, it's sad :(

Associate
I don't care about the bits you have written like straightness. But I am slightly annoyingly fussy on what the car next to me looks like, i.e. I normally park next to the nicest car if I can't park away from everyone. I'm irrationally scared of dings way too much.

Associate
If my car is obviously on the wonk, or if i've coloured outside of the lines then i'll generally redo it but I wouldn't lose sleep over it I don't think.

Soldato
Sometimes you can’t be too fussy, had to do this every day for a week and the positioning was the least of my worries :p

C55-D6349-E3-C2-4446-BB4-C-AED9-B514-D4-A5.jpg

Associate
I will frequently fix it if I see I'm not straight. I tend to leave my car parked up for a while, so getting it right/wrong will count for a long time (is my rationalisation)!

Soldato
Old car but ding protection is key to me ,far end of the car park ,only exposing one side if possible ,having said that I have been the only one in a car park and some humpty has parked too close when I return ,here instinct of some townies unfortunately

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I’m pretty fussy, my current car has 360 cameras which allow for a stitched together birds eye view. It’s heavenly for parking. If I get out the car and notice I’ve messed it up I have been known to get back in and sort it out.

Soldato
Old car but ding protection is key to me ,far end of the car park ,only exposing one side if possible ,having said that I have been the only one in a car park and some humpty has parked too close when I return ,here instinct of some townies unfortunately

Having just picked up a 70 plate, I'm now parking it at the far end of the car park, and wherever possible at the end of the bays so that at least only one person can park to your side. If the bay is big ill even park right over (something that can't be done if parking between 2 cars) , so if someone does park next to me they've got more than enough room to open their doors.

Man of Honour
I always park carefully away from others. Pleasingly, my fiancée is even worst and won't even park somewhere she can't find a space she thinks will keep her car safe :D

Associate
Sometimes you can’t be too fussy, had to do this every day for a week and the positioning was the least of my worries :p

C55-D6349-E3-C2-4446-BB4-C-AED9-B514-D4-A5.jpg

That's one tight parking spot!

I'm a fussy parker, tend to head to the far quietest ends of a car park away from the brigade who don't care about dinging other people's motors.

Soldato
I pretty much always reverse park into bays if possible (ie not the angled ones) because:

1 Its safer coming out
2 It looks nicer
3 I was crap at it preparing for my driving test (15 years ago) and still practicing

The exception being shopping if I can't open the boot, although I've got a lift able rear window so it doesn't always stop me.

Soldato
I always park carefully away from others. Pleasingly, my fiancée is even worst and won't even park somewhere she can't find a space she thinks will keep her car safe :D
Impressive you managed to find a female version of yourself!

I drive a shed so park as close to the shop as possible and bang my door on all the shiny financed beemers! (Obvious to don’t really) first effort and abandon it is my usual approach life is too short to worry about parallel parking and other people singing your paint work.

Soldato
This is why I love having an old fiesta that I don't care about as a second car. I make a point to park next to cars that have parked horribly so hopefully they get the hint.

I do care about parking and it annoys me if I'm not pretty central in the lines. Parking with wheels at an angle other than perfectly straight should be illegal!

Back
Top Bottom