***The Official Guitar Thread***

Man of Honour
I've used one in the garden over summer and had no problem reading it, I'm tempted to get another for my son's ukulele so I don't have to find my phone every time I touch the thing!

Chuffed to bits, it is way brighter than the original models (might not look like it on the picture).
Thanks for the link.

daddariotuner.jpg

Soldato
I guess it depends what kind of player you are? I play with plenty of feeling but have never felt that my pick is coming into contact with the part of the guitar that the pickguard is protecting (on an LP)... if anything the part of the guitar that takes the most wear from the pick is on the other side of the strings to the guard

Caporegime
Honestly Raymond pop the pickup covers off of that and it'd be absolute perfection (optionally could go with zebra coils as well)

I won't be installing it beyond what it is now and pick up covers are staying on :p. TBH, I don't even know what colours the bobbins are underneath.

It's hard to tell in photos with white balance difficult to juggle but the whites on the plastic are not quite matching. I bought the aged pickguard as the guitar is 20 years old except the aged plastic pickguard came with aging probably at the 60 year mark...so it's more yellow than mine. It's closer to the pokerchip than the pickup ring but also slightly different shade to the binding.

7ClZhYY.jpg

Soldato
I have been distracting myself from lusting after Raymond's pretty guitar (without pick guard, obvs!) by trying to learn Slade's Christmas song. Sadly I do not have the vocal range of Noddy Holder, so I've had to transpose it so far down it's nearly up, which is forcing me to play Eb and Gsus4. And I'm not impressed.

It will no doubt do me good to be stretched. Serves me right for stress-raiding the Christmas Quality Street yesterday and being swept up in a moment of irrational premature festivity. At this rate I'll drop-Ding for Greg Lake by Monday and whistling Jingle Bells while I ice the Christmas cake.

Ho, ho, holy frick, I prefer songs made entirely using C, D, G and F!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

New guitar alert: Ibanez JEM777DY

Picked up this 30th anniversary JEM. Sent it off to a chap that I use for setup and it came back yesterday. What an awesome shred machine... the yellow looks more fluorescent in the flesh, it’s definitely the epitome of the 1980s.

Only 777 made too :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
New guitar alert: Ibanez JEM777DY

Picked up this 30th anniversary JEM. Sent it off to a chap that I use for setup and it came back yesterday. What an awesome shred machine... the yellow looks more fluorescent in the flesh, it’s definitely the epitome of the 1980s.

Only 777 made too :D

I got rid of my two -

jem1.jpg

jem2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom