• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
It’s meant to be faster at charging?? Correct me if I’m wrong but also because it’s stuck to the back, it means you can still use the phone whilst being charged I assume.
My only issue is that because it’s attached via magnets, you will need 2 hands to take it off which in the grand scheme of things isn’t the end of the world I suppose. But it’s only a 1m cable so not exactly long.

this is why i dont see the point of it

If my phone is on my bedside table and im in bed id expect it to just "lie" on the charger and charge then i just pick it up to use etc, with magsafe you have got to "pysically" remove it, just seems a very expensive charging lead basically

Caporegime
this is why i dont see the point of it

If my phone is on my bedside table and im in bed id expect it to just "lie" on the charger and charge then i just pick it up to use etc, with magsafe you have got to "pysically" remove it, just seems a very expensive charging lead basically
True and that’s my gripe with it. I mean if it was a car mount, which I’m pretty sure we will see them come out soon, then it makes sense as you have to physically take the phone off the mount etc.

Soldato
If that's not the point then why did you mention it?

You made a point of mentioning the lack of a charger yet neglected to mention any of the improvements the 12 offers over the 11.

Yes, it's more expensive but many would argue that the superior screen, faster performance, better camera and MagSafe system more than justify the additional £70 and sacrificing a charger which they no doubt already have.

I made the point because Feek said that the phones are cheaper when they're not. Are you not reading the thread?

Soldato
My mistake, the models that I checked (largely the Pro / Pro Max) are cheaper than last year. For example, the model I'll be getting is £100 cheaper.

Yeh I was planning on getting the normal 12 but with 128GB. Now that it's so close in price to the Pro, I thought I may as well go all out and ordered that instead.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
This sim will fit but be aware that depending on how old it is, some things may not be supported. It was around that time that I had big problems when EE introduced WiFi calling and after weeks of them trying to get it to work on my account, the only way we managed it was to replace the sim. Everything else worked, just not WiFi calling. As soon as I put the new sim in, it sprang into life.
It's funny you should say that. I'm with Three and I remember at one point Wi-Fi calling used to work on my phone but doesn't appear to anymore. It's turned on in Settings and I'm connected to Wi-Fi but it doesn't say "Wi-Fi" after "3" in the top left corner.

Associate
What screen protector people ordering and case Of any

I’ve gone with mous limitless 3.0 and added their hybrid screen protector. No idea if the screen protector is any good but love my current mous case, I’ve dropped my phone many times and it’s held up brilliantly.

Associate
I've ordered an iPhone 12 but the camera on the pro max is going to bug me so might cancel and order that instead.

Associate
Are you all going pro just for the better camera, and if this is the case do you use the camera a lot, can’t make up my mind standard or pro

Associate
Well the Spigen one the discount has dropped to 30% off on the white and 10% off on the black so not as good a bargain as earlier posted

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Are you all going pro just for the better camera, and if this is the case do you use the camera a lot, can’t make up my mind standard or pro

If you use the telephoto a lot then the choice is pretty easy. Ignoring the telephoto I would say the differences become more nuanced for day to day usage.

Associate
If you use the telephoto a lot then the choice is pretty easy. Ignoring the telephoto I would say the differences become more nuanced for day to day usage.
Thanks I only use the camera for the occasional photos, and just can’t make up my mind which one to go for.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Thanks I only use the camera for the occasional photos, and just can’t make up my mind which one to go for.
Is 64gb enough space for you? If you need 128gb then the price difference between the 12 and 12 pro gets closer (£150) due to the 128gb base storage on the pro.

If you put photography to one side what you get on the pro for your extra money:

- Stainless steel finish
- Higher peak screen brightness
- Bump in memory from 4gb to 6gb
- 128gb base storage.

Negatives:
- Heavier
- Cost more
- AppleCare is £50 more.

As you can see most of the differences are in the camera.

Soldato

I've used the telefoto a surprising amount recently, so that's a need. Plus, the slight bump in memory was something I was after and I like the stainless steel finish. :)

Associate
I've used the telefoto a surprising amount recently, so that's a need. Plus, the slight bump in memory was something I was after and I like the stainless steel finish. :)
Thanks sold now to find a deal I usually but direct and go sim free but will have a look about

Soldato
Well, wasn't planning on replacing my iPhone X just yet, ended up panic reserving two 12 Pro's earlier today.

Was having some doubts so thought i'd compare my X against my g/f's 11 Pro...

https://ibb.co/fv9Lhvb

Omg. Since when is the camera on the X so bad?!

The X camera was never impressive sadly, the 11 series had much better cameras and night mode is also very good, looking forward to seeing how LiDAR improves low light photography.

Soldato
Well the Spigen one the discount has dropped to 30% off on the white and 10% off on the black so not as good a bargain as earlier posted

Ahh cheeky, the 50% was meant to last till 20th Oct. still 30% is better than nothing.

If you want a smaller more regular shape. There is a UGREEN fast charger on Amazon for £11.99 which is pretty decent.

EDIT: Found a code for the Anker Nano 20W charger on Amazon, use UKNANO12 and it drops the price to £14.95

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom