• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What's crazy to me with RTX 30 series

Associate
Everyday we see these YouTubers receiving more cards to review, most of them now have 5-10 cards each, which lets face it is crazy when big companies like OC are getting handfuls only weekly.

Yes i know first world problems as such but it is kind of a stab in the back to real consumers trying to get a card when these get multiple .

Associate
The demand is already through the roof an extra few hundred cards isn't going to put a dent in satisfying demand. Yet they serve a good purpose to review and tear down the cards, to give benchmarks, comparisons, find bugs and problems, and all that good stuff which we all get basically for free.

Soldato
I've seen a lot more comments like this recently.

Of course people will always whinge about Youtubers getting things they can't buy but, the longer this goes on, the more of a genuine complaint it seems to be becoming.

We're a month from launch now and it's virtually impossible to get hold of any 3080 cards, yet many Youtubers seem to have 5-10 of the things.

Normally this would represent a mere blip in the overall numbers but, when we have GN reporting that a certain EU retailer has over 2000 customer orders for Asus TUF cards yet has only received around 50 of them so far, it does become farcical that review sites often have several of them each.

I'm already finding it utterly pointless to even watch reviews of 3080 cards as I may as well be watching reviews of Mr. Fusion reactors for my Delorean. It wouldn't surprise me if many are actually unsubscribing from channels, at least temporarily, so as not to have their noses rubbed in it on a daily basis.

Associate
The theory is that Nvidia is keeping supply artificially restricted until Navi is revealed, then they either flood the market or keep the status quo and profit.

Soldato
Everyday we see these YouTubers receiving more cards to review, most of them now have 5-10 cards each, which lets face it is crazy when big companies like OC are getting handfuls only weekly.

Yes i know first world problems as such but it is kind of a stab in the back to real consumers trying to get a card when these get multiple .

Its not just reviewer Youtubers its gaming streamers too. Loads of them have been getting their upgrades in as well to show off to their viewers.

Associate

I agree totally, I saw a recent video by hardware unboxed and the Australian guy actually came across as a really smug ******* as he opened box after box of 3090 and 3080 cards knowing full well no paying customer could get one - it’s the first content I’ve watched where I simply thought “your actually a smug *******” and actually unsubbed. I don’t like smug *****.

How he thought that opening box after box of free hardware, just to unbox the hardware that paying customers are all waiting to get and cannot, was a good idea for a video is beyond me..... *******.
He came across as a total **** frankly.

If anything this nvidia Ampere release has made me so want AMD’s Big navi to be a winner because if it’s even close to the 3090 performance-wise Ngreedia can kiss my ass because that preorder will be cancelled quickly as possible.

The whole Ampere release for me has tarnished Ngreedia permanently and there is nothing positive about it now, it’s left a bad taste that I won’t forget as a consumer.

I also think very much that Ngreedia will shaft all the early adopters very soon by releasing the better SKU lineup as they did with the 2080 Super which will comprise of the same cards with more memory and possibly even a 7nm TSMC version as well - just for a real kick in the teeth for its earliest adopters.

I honestly think that this kind of practise will do Ngreedia more damage than good and it will steer people towards AMD if it is even close to being as good as Ampere.

Why these people cannot announce a release and actually tell everyone what their full card SKU lineup will be on that release day is beyond me.
That way people could target a specific card for their needs and then sit tight and wait for it, because I predict there will be a lot of very upset 10gb 3080 owners and a lot more 3080 and 3090 owners on Samsung equally ****** off early next year when they release a TSMC variant that uses half the power the current 8nm node does, I think anyone with a remote interest in tech and what’s going on can see that coming early next year as Ngreedia have bought millions of TSMC 7nm memory modules - I assume as AMD go to the 5nm node.

The dishonesty and refusal of Ngreedia to release their full SKU line up really really ***** me off and it will others. - I really hope AMD screw them

Associate

To be honest, it only really bothered me when Gamers Nexus did a video and then started preaching to his audience about them being disappointed that they couldn't get hold of an RTX3000 series card. It came across as very much 'holier than thou' and he kept saying that it wasn't food and water, that everyone else should get some perspective - whilst he was sat there with GPUs that everyone else is struggling to get hold of.

Yes, it' not food and water, but it did come across as condascending to his audience.

Soldato
Doesn't matter how well priced the 30 series cards may appear to be. If you can't buy it then it's not even a card of any worth or use. Covid aside the stock levels are a absolute joke and it'd be far easier to just be upfront and tell the potential customers when levels will be at a stage the average Joe can buy one.
I no longer care tbh and I suggest most people just put them out of thier thoughts. Life's too short.

Soldato

I Think you really need listen to the first 50 seconds of this review video ;););)

Associate
Doesn't matter how well priced the 30 series cards may appear to be. If you can't buy it then it's not even a card of any worth or use. Covid aside the stock levels are a absolute joke and it'd be far easier to just be upfront and tell the potential customers when levels will be at a stage the average Joe can buy one.
I no longer care tbh and I suggest most people just put them out of thier thoughts. Life's too short.
Agree. The cards should probably have been launched in December, but Nvidia had to rush in.

Soldato
To be honest, it only really bothered me when Gamers Nexus did a video and then started preaching to his audience about them being disappointed that they couldn't get hold of an RTX3000 series card. It came across as very much 'holier than thou' and he kept saying that it wasn't food and water, that everyone else should get some perspective - whilst he was sat there with GPUs that everyone else is struggling to get hold of.

Yes, it' not food and water, but it did come across as condascending to his audience.

I usually like Steve but all he's doing right now is milking 3000 series to death.

I just checked - discounting "HW News" videos, he's uploaded 25 videos since the 3080FE review a month ago. 22 of those are specifically 3000 series related and only 3 are other topics.

It's just getting tedious. Other topics are getting pushed out by endless reviews and "mucking about" with products we can't even buy.

Soldato

lot of them ship them to other reviewers on a weekly basis

Back
Top Bottom