AppleCare?

Associate
I never normally buy extra care but I did for my beats pro and glad I did. I managed to break one within 2 weeks of getting them, was able to walk into a store and get the broken one replaced. I don’t bother with my phone as I’ve got to insurance with my bank so I use that.

Soldato
Seriously considering it for my new 12 Pro. I realise it doesn't cover loss or theft but they're frankly unlikely and I could always claim on home insurance for those, which I'd be less inclined to do for accidental damage of a lesser amount.

Soldato
Does AppleCare+ also extend the warranty to two years?

3 years from purchase date. 1 years normal Applecare which is included with every unit but doesnt cover accidental damage, then 2 years extra from Applecare+. 2 instances covered in a year, one part counts as an instance. It's great for the battery and screen cover, but if you were to say drop a drink over it which damages several parts, then normal insurance would be better.

Associate
3 years from purchase date. 1 years normal Applecare which is included with every unit but doesnt cover accidental damage, then 2 years extra from Applecare+. 2 instances covered in a year, one part counts as an instance. It's great for the battery and screen cover, but if you were to say drop a drink over it which damages several parts, then normal insurance would be better.
That is not correct. It only covers you for an extra year so two in total. First year is accidental damage on top of standard warranty and year two is an extra years warranty plus accidental damage. However on a Mac it covers you for three years which is the extra two on the standard warranty but accidental cover for the full three years.

Soldato
That is not correct. It only covers you for an extra year so two in total. First year is accidental damage on top of standard warranty and year two is an extra years warranty plus accidental damage. However on a Mac it covers you for three years which is the extra two on the standard warranty but accidental cover for the full three years.

Yea, I thought the conversation had switched to laptops as they were talking about a HP and I thought he had asked on the back of that.

Soldato
i would get it. I recently had an ipad with a broken screen. I literally paid them £40 (on top of the £99 a year ago) and they sent out a new ipad, and i put the old one in a box and shipped it back. 100% top class service, worth every penny. I didn't even have to travel into town, park up, go into shops, speak to people, it was all done on the internet and i had a new ipad within 3 days I think it was. Wih no apple care a screen fix for an ipad is i think £239?

edit no maybe about £400 ? edit 2. arggh no it £246 ans it was a normal ipad. it's about £400 if its a 'pro' model.... it's worth it for sure.

look at this table :

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/ipad/repair/service

Back
Top Bottom