What cars scream 'chav' to you?

Soldato
All of that is null in void by the fact that it has a punto badge on the back. May as well be a metro turbo :p.
To be fair, anyone driving an older car in super tidy condition gets way more kudos from me than the current generation of 'car scene' crew with their "Pops n Bangs map from ebay" on a finance companies motor.

Permabanned
To be fair, anyone driving an older car in super tidy condition gets way more kudos from me than the current generation of 'car scene' crew with their "Pops n Bangs map from ebay" on a finance companies motor.
I completely agree with that. He has a really nice example worth keeping hold of but that’s the first time I’ve ever heard it being referred to as a classic though.

Associate
Since when is a punto a modern classic or any kind of classic? I had one as my first car then replaced it with a mk2 golf valver after 6 months. Was and still is the most fun I’ve had in a car.
Guess I'm a chav then lol :D or am I just enjoying a modern classic ??

48562385387_f715b1edb6_k.jpg
That's getting dangerously close to `Inbetweeners` territory...

Associate
Any skip-on-wheels with a large and loud exhaust, often the 1.0l - 1.4l engine, pretending to be a naturally loud V8. Comid and tragic.
But despite my dislike for Mini drivers (more than Audi and white van), I wouldn't mix them.
But the perfect chav spotting field is at your nearest McDonald's/KFC. There all those wanna be gangsta, too tough, but not tough enough to hold a job.
Debadged entry level spec/engine is another chav alert. Usually the guys who believe the manufacture's badge provides infinite power to their entry level machine. Plenty of BMW 114 that can outpace a McLaren, or at least they think so.

Associate
E90 BMW's, I swear every one I see is caked in stick on tat and in a generally shabby looking state. A bit further up the food chain you have the M140i crew, a car responsible for what must be 99% of the excessive speeding and dangerous driving at least in my area.
Depends on the area and (don't judge me here, I'm a foreigner myself) racial background.
My partner used to live in Luton. Never seem so many old Lexus/Mercedes/BMW.
Audi is more of a East European appeal. Many Polish friends love their old A8/A6.
But to be fair, nothing beats the massive rear spoiler on a FWD car. Makes sense to someone who never been to school, but not to me. Clearly the money spent by the government to educate children still being wasted I guess.

Soldato
Old Range Rovers with private plates to hide the age used by people living on housing estates, definitely.

Shoot i was about to say I’m really surprised so many people say range rovers to me they offer a nice relaxed drive with a nice spec... Then i read your post and hid behind the sofa.. I really dont consider my 2011 Range Rover (the big one) to be chav had never even considrered it.. I have the private plate too... one for personal and two indeed it hides the age... now I’m wondering if everybody thinks I’m a chav .. I have it as i only do 20 miles a day to work and love the driving position and silence it offers but need a 4x4 sometimes to tow with and the size for the kids

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

The wheels were painted black before i got it... i like it :D

Soldato
Shoot i was about to say I’m really surprised so many people say range rovers to me they offer a nice relaxed drive with a nice spec... Then i read your post and hid behind the sofa.. I really dont consider my 2011 Range Rover (the big one) to be chav had never even considrered it.. I have the private plate too... one for personal and two indeed it hides the age... now I’m wondering if everybody thinks I’m a chav .. I have it as i only do 20 miles a day to work and love the driving position and silence it offers but need a 4x4 sometimes to tow with and the size for the kids

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

The wheels were painted black before i got it... i like it :D

Not judging! ;)

Haha, at one point I owned an RS Clio Cup, RS Twingo on lowering springs and a supercharged and lowered MX5.

Most of my peers at work drove BMWs, Mercs and Audis, pretty sure I was considered the chav.

This was my 'fleet' of B road weapons. :D

FB-IMG-1603053247649.jpg

And, since you're here too, my Rotrex on my MX5.

IMG-20160806-143914.jpg

Soldato
I have one of the regular Twingo 2s. I think they are one of the better eco boxes from a driving perspective. Its quite fun to slide it on wet rounds and it does it well :D

Associate
Seat Leon hot hatch variants are almost always driven by some chavvy lad who thinks he owns the road

Focus ST’s are pretty bad for it

Fiesta ST’s for the younger chavs

I drive an FN2 Type R so I probably get seen in a similar light however I tootle around at the speed limit everywhere and drive so little I just can’t be bothered to change it

Back
Top Bottom