Google Pixel 5

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Got my Pixel 5 in the morning, loving it!

Only things that annoyed me so far are; Spotify doesn't want to cooperate with my Chromecast and my USB-C to 3.5MM Jack adaptor isn't compatible...

Any way to stop it from turning it off? I wasn't even aware the pixel 5 had a sensor like other pixels had.
Don't think so. If you're confident nothing is above it then there's a sensor fault. It's the same sensor every phone uses to detect if a face is on the phone when making a phone call so turn off the screen so that your face doesn't push buttons. The phone works out if it's in a pocket and turns off the always on screen. You can test it by having your phone on the desk with clear nothing above. Then hover your hand over the ear piece area and see if it turns off.

Associate
Don't think so. If you're confident nothing is above it then there's a sensor fault. It's the same sensor every phone uses to detect if a face is on the phone when making a phone call so turn off the screen so that your face doesn't push buttons. The phone works out if it's in a pocket and turns off the always on screen. You can test it by having your phone on the desk with clear nothing above. Then hover your hand over the ear piece area and see if it turns off.
Hmm, I leave it on my desk, the always on display shows up then after a little it fades out to black and doesn't come back unless I press the on button, very strange.

Associate
I feel like this is the first Pixel that doesn't have any glaring issues out of the box that urgently need a patch.

I mean, I may have spoken too soon and they'll pop up over the next few days haha :p

Soldato
P2 to p5 is definitely a worthy upgrade, with the only downside is the speakers, which are a big downside tbh as I'm almost never not blocking them when holding the phone vertically.

Everything else is much better. 9.5 hours screen on time ffs I got the other day. Is incredible.
Agree, so far the speakers are the biggest disappointment for me so far. Switched from S10+ which is crazy loud compared to P5 speakers. But don't use the speakers much and use headphones 99% of the time.

Soldato
Anyone got any good screen protector recommendations? Currently rocking a Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case (which is great) but want to protect against annoying micro scratches and what-not on the screen. I have a 'Brotect' screen protector on order now, and I've had positive experiences with them on the Nokia 8, I'll report back if they're any good.
A pic in the flesh would be nice as I have the sage and would like to see what it looks like - if you could! :)
As daft as it sounds it looks exactly like it does on Amazon :D

Last edited:
Soldato
After moving away from the Pixel line to Samsung, it has made me appreciate the Pixels even more. Whilst the Pixel is criticised because it doesn't have xyz hardware, it does at least use that hardware well. I was in a pub last night and tried to use the 2x telephoto on my Fold2 to get a shot of my mate who had the pub's dog on his lap and the resulting photo was just mush. It wasn't exactly dark in the pub either, my Pixel 4 I had before with its 2x lens would have produced much better results. Haven't been able to find Gcam that works fully on the Fold.

Soldato
After moving away from the Pixel line to Samsung, it has made me appreciate the Pixels even more. Whilst the Pixel is criticised because it doesn't have xyz hardware, it does at least use that hardware well. I was in a pub last night and tried to use the 2x telephoto on my Fold2 to get a shot of my mate who had the pub's dog on his lap and the resulting photo was just mush. It wasn't exactly dark in the pub either, my Pixel 4 I had before with its 2x lens would have produced much better results. Haven't been able to find Gcam that works fully on the Fold.

That always seems to be the issue. There is no one perfect phone. It's about getting what's best.

I can imagine that fold2 gets plenty of attention though !

Back
Top Bottom