Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th-19th Oct 2020]

Don
They did see it and didnt deem it worthy of going to the pitch side monitor according to Gallagher. Appauling decision.
Dale Johnson is disputing this version of events. He claims he was told by the PL that they did not check for a red card. He's suggesting they're trying to save face by now claiming it was checked.

Don
Did they even bother checking that with VAR?
This is the one question about VAR that annoyed me the most because they are (meant to be) checking every possible red card, penalty decision and the build-up of each goal - just because we don't see it, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. That obviously went out of the window with the Pickford incident today though, although there are some mitigating circumstances. They probably got caught up with the offside call and keepers tend to have free rein to do what they like these days. I'd say it's 99.9999% they checked the Walker incident just then.

Soldato
This is the one question about VAR that annoyed me the most because they are (meant to be) checking every possible red card, penalty decision and the build-up of each goal - just because we don't see it, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. That obviously went out of the window with the Pickford incident today though, although there are some mitigating circumstances. They probably got caught up with the offside call and keepers tend to have free rein to do what they like these days. I'd say it's 99.9999% they checked the Walker incident just then.
And yet diddnt call it for what it is, a penalty

Man of Honour
OP

Host on Sky (I forget her name) said they saw it in real time but didn't go for a second look.

Still don't understand why they can't broadcast the feed the commentators get or at least stick a graphic up on tv to say when a check/review is taking place like in F1.

Sounds like VVD did in fact do his ACL...

Source?

That's massive for the title race if true, no Alisson and VVD make that defence look ordinary.

Man of Honour
That's major for VVD, 7-8 months out at least if true.

Can they do anything about Pickford retrospectively? Was dangerous play, hardly an accident either.

Soldato
That's major for VVD, 7-8 months out at least if true.

Can they do anything about Pickford retrospectively? Was dangerous play, hardly an accident either.
That’s a real shame TBH, I like to wind up scousers but like any football fan you never want any player to get injured never mind a nasty injury like an ACL

Back
Top Bottom