• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeah maybe - given that it's only 3.5 weeks until the US/rest of world release I can't help but think there'll be some more tidbits about the controller, 3d audio, quick resume etc before a massive information release in the form of an NDA lift a week before release.

Soldato
A list of officially compatible NVMe drives would be nice

An additional SSD is probably going to be one of those things you only want to get once you really need it. By then they'll be cheaper and probably faster too, until then a decent SATA one in a USB caddy will do for storage and should still enable some pretty quick transfer speeds for moving games off and on to the integrated storage.

Soldato
My genuine feeling is use my external SSD for anything PS4, use the built-in only for PS5 titles - wait 6 months until 2TB compatible NVMe drives are a little more sensible in pricing, then purchase.
If at 6 months still silly, cycle what is installed internally and wait a year instead.

Soldato
My genuine feeling is use my external SSD for anything PS4, use the built-in only for PS5 titles - wait 6 months until 2TB compatible NVMe drives are a little more sensible in pricing, then purchase.
If at 6 months still silly, cycle what is installed internally and wait a year instead.

Wow that’s amazing idea

Soldato
Same for me - 1TB SSD for PS4 games next year if I get close to using up the onboard SSD, then maybe a 1TB NVMe upgrade. Re-downloading games won't be an option as I have fairly slow internet (25mbps).

Associate
Is it worth upgrading monitor for the PS5? i use a 60hz 1080p one for console atm, not ssure what to go with.

Any suggestions? whats everyone else gona be using for PS5?

Soldato
Is it worth upgrading monitor for the PS5? i use a 60hz 1080p one for console atm, not ssure what to go with.

Any suggestions? whats everyone else gona be using for PS5?
Either a 23" 1080p 60hz monitor or a 34" 1440p UW 60hz monitor that will accept a 4k input (with black bars either side, so effectively a 27"), depending what looks best.

I may upgrade the 1080p monitor to a 4k 27" next year.

Soldato
Yeah I like this. Now to identify which usb ssd is going to be a good fit; currently eyeing up the Samsung T5.

Soldato

I have a 500gb NVMe in my laptop I could rob if its compatible. But your thoughts pretty much reflect my own on waiting for prices to fall. I just hope they don't limit compatibility to "Sony approved" products that retail at twice the cost of normal stuff.

Back
Top Bottom