• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I tell you what I think I'm in more than 800 places on tuf oc
So you know why they can't supply this cards to us ? Because they are cheap and they waiting to announce 3080 20Gb and after that they push only this cards and price probably will be 1000£ 1150£ or more but below 24gb price
This what ocuk do is rubbish why they take money dont have clear information about stock and they send 10 cards per week ? What a shop order 10 cards from retailers? They want more money from our pockets

Soldato
I have relized that my gtx 1080 is still a very capable card. I might cancel pre order, live on next gen console for a while and get rtx once dust settles down.

i think you could be right - especially since new consoles can keep you busy until it dies down. Well if you have managed to get a console pre order.

Associate
anything on anything? :p
I have relized that my gtx 1080 is still a very capable card. I might cancel pre order, live on next gen console for a while and get rtx once dust settles down.
It depends what you play i guess. The 3080 is just awesome. My friend got a zotac in under a week from a competitor and i never thought id say it but its a really nice card tbh and performs great. Makes me more gutted i missed out on them. Ill Keep looking out. Elsewhere seems to be getting more of an ok amount than OC. Still wouldn't mind knowing when the eagles plan on flying this way though :D

Associate
I'm giving it a few more days to receive a reasonable update and explanation, if we don't get one ill cancel and take my future business elsewhere.

The damage is already done for me personally. It has been made perfectly clear that no one higher up at the company actually cares enough to interact with people here, even if it's just to give us someone a bit lower down as a go between. I imagine they view it as a waste of their time, we're going to complain no matter what they say etc etc. You will always get entirely unreasonable people but I think many of us have been more than reasonable considering how little engagement we have had.

This forum is the perfect platform for that engagement, they could even come out the other side giving off a positive impression just by allocating a bit of time to talking to people, trying to allay some concerns. Even if it's just to apologise and tell us it is as it is. Something. But no. By wasting the opportunity they've made themselves look absolutely awful.

I don't think people saying they will take their business elsewhere is an empty threat the way it usually feels like it is. Anti-consumer business practices aside, OcUK has never made it more obvious how little they actually give a **** as long as they make their money. I'll go elsewhere in future. It's not out of anger, just utter disappointment. That's the difference this time, it's utter disappointment.

Associate
I tell you what I think I'm in more than 800 places on tuf oc
So you know why they can't supply this cards to us ? Because they are cheap and they waiting to announce 3080 20Gb and after that they push only this cards and price probably will be 1000£ 1150£ or more but below 24gb price
This what ocuk do is rubbish why they take money dont have clear information about stock and they send 10 cards per week ? What a shop order 10 cards from retailers? They want more money from our pockets
If you've pre-ordered you have paid. They can't charge you more so its not in their interest to restrict them. What they can do though is sneak them into pre-builds with higher margins. ATM OC don't seem to be getting much of anything. Hopefully that will change next month. If not i'll be cancelling my order for sure
Yeah. I got lucky with ps5 pre order. At least one thing worked out.
Im the same. Thing is though. All my decent games are PC lmao :p

Soldato
Can we all @ space Monkey and say thanks for at least sticking with us here. It must be just as hard being a volunteer moderator for 100.s of pixxed off people with no help from above and information and still expected to deal with it. Hoorah to you!

Associate
Can we all @ space Monkey and say thanks for at least sticking with us here. It must be just as hard being a volunteer moderator for 100.s of pixxed off people with no help from above and information and still expected to deal with it. Hoorah to you!

@Space Monkey
and don't forget @EVH

and probably a couple of other hard working mods I don't know.

If only the actual company comms were as good as the moderator input....thank you peeps

Associate

is there a queue for being passed off? I want to know my position on it.

Associate
The store isn't dealing with it though.

We're basically in a situation where OCUK say the situation is if you want to be put in a queue (some times for a card which they have no eta for) then give us your money to sit on indefinitely.

If you don't like it cancel your order.

Along side that we will provide no updates and no apologies (that I've seen).

I'm currently at a point where despite politely asking for an eta none can be provided, not even a week, month.

I'm giving it a few more days to receive a reasonable update and explanation, if we don't get one ill cancel and take my future business elsewhere.

Yes the bottom line is that right now the best that can be done is that you pre-order and go into a queue with everyone else.

They are providing updates, they provide a weekly email with queue position for everyone, or as/when the queue for your specific model changes due to stock shipping. And if you want a heads up for expected deliveries then you can see them posted by Gibbo on the forums in the update thread. The amount of information he can give to people is extremely limited, the stock and supply chain for these products is strained because of demand and lack of production, it means these are highly in demand items and stock is snapped up the literal second it comes into supply. That means you will not get accurate ETAs for this stock with a big lead time, it's too hard to predict the volumes and any possible delays. What they're trying to avoid doing is giving out updates and ETAs which are guesses or rough estimates because people will be extremely mad if they set their expectations based off this and things change and those expectations aren't met. There is other places giving slightly more lead time on product updates of which we cannot talk about, but that place has been wrong on a number of occasions and had to change dates around, and they're also estimated dates, not precise ones.

If you don't like the situation then that's fine, the situation is pretty dire and that's just the ground truth for anyone excited to get new hardware. But it is not of overclockers making, they're simply dealing with the situation as best they can. They're not responsible for low stock, they're not responsible for circumstances where information on the supply chain is limited, and they need to play within the rules of the NDA with Nvidia on what info they can give out.

I'm not giving them a complete pass, I do think some things could have been done better, early ETAs on stock was a bad idea, the queue system took a while to be implemented. But lets face it, most of the anger here is at having to wait and it translates into people whining at OCUK when in reality there's not much more they can do.

Associate

I'm also on a GTX1080, agreed still a very capable card, but ACC in VR for example I wish I get could a bit more juice from the GPU, and although it keeps me close or near to 40fps in flight sim, again id prefer to be closer to that magic 60 mark.

8lIjRpT.png

Associate
The store isn't dealing with it though.

We're basically in a situation where OCUK say the situation is if you want to be put in a queue (some times for a card which they have no eta for) then give us your money to sit on indefinitely.

If you don't like it cancel your order.

Along side that we will provide no updates and no apologies (that I've seen).

I'm currently at a point where despite politely asking for an eta none can be provided, not even a week, month.

It's a sorry state of affairs.

Associate
The competitors have also dispatched all the available cards that we have not even seen received at OC yet. First stop for incoming stock of large amounts my arse.
Yeah, that claim is hard to understand right now.

I'm also on a GTX1080, agreed still a very capable card, but ACC in VR for example I wish I get could a bit more juice from the GPU, and although it keeps me close or near to 40fps in flight sim, again id prefer to be closer to that magic 60 mark.

8lIjRpT.png
Fair enough, if you're chasing very demanding scenarios then you'll feel the difference right away.

@Space Monkey
and don't forget @EVH

and probably a couple of other hard working mods I don't know.

If only the actual company comms were as good as the moderator input....thank you peeps
Have to agree with this. The mods are the only shining light in all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom