Prime Day 2020

Caporegime
Was a very poor Prime Day. Not even £59 Prime.

Didnt find anything that good. The only decent thing was the £10 extra for topping up £100 on gift balance,and the £10 credit for buying something £10 from a small business.

Soldato
Took advantage of both of those offers as I had something from a small business on my wishlist already.

Only slight annoyance is that they are using Hermes to pick up the extra demand, missed a package yesterday and have another coming in today any time upto 8pm and I need to pop out for an hour. Amazon logistics normally gave me a 2 hour estimate so knew when I had to be in.

Associate
I don't have prime!

It seems literally everyone else does

But how do you buy things???

the majority of my purchases seem to be done through prime, just because its so easy. I order literally anything from there from whisky to Varnish, i couldnt live without prime but id be a lot richer for sure. .

Caporegime
But how do you buy things???

the majority of my purchases seem to be done through prime, just because its so easy. I order literally anything from there from whisky to Varnish, i couldnt live without prime but id be a lot richer for sure. .

Just wait until I need enough stuff to make 20 quid for the free delivery.

Definitely makes me shop around. If I had it I'd use amazon more

Soldato
I'm actually letting mine expire on the 16th, barely watch the streaming part of it now or use any other benefits apart from postage.

Will see how I get on or how long I last :D

Soldato
Ended up buying a bit more than expected, nothing really needed but got suckered in in guess. Just over £200

Anker 65W PIQ 3.0 & GaN Type-C Charger
6x 200G Coffee Beans
6 x 300G Coffee beans
5m USB 3.1 Type C Cable for Oculus Quest (3rd Part one, official ones are silly money)
Sharpening Stone for Knives
Deik 14 Piece Knife Set with Block
2x Felix Snack box cat treats
2 x 120 Boxes Felix cat food
FireTV Stick 4k

Associate
Be lucky to get the TV, loads of people on hotukdeals have had dispatched emails only for it then to be cancelled. If it does get cancelled be sure to check the refund amount as some have said they have been refunded minus vat.

yep got everything through to dispatch and then......... cancelled! I'll wait till black friday as I'm in no rush

Can't type for toffee
Don
2x Logitech MX MAsters (replacing my ancient 602s)
2 random noname mech KB a red n a blue
cheapy mouse pad as mines finally died

Most of thats for Working at home :(

4K Firestick for me dad

1L of southern comfort for me

Was a really poor primeday, I normally end up with about 10 different bourbons coming :(
Had a few on my list I wanted to try but nowt

Was tempted by the 99.99 Sinatra select but Iw aited too long for other to popup n forgot to order

Also...
Oops: 732 orders placed in 2020

Last edited:
Soldato
I pulled the trigger on that Asus Tuf 27 inch 1440p 155hz gaming monitor and could not be happier. Even with the curve. Huge upgrade from a 24inch Samsung and will only get better when I can push the frame rate with a bettter gfx card. For £269 it’s a bargain.

Associate
I pulled the trigger on that Asus Tuf 27 inch 1440p 155hz gaming monitor and could not be happier. Even with the curve. Huge upgrade from a 24inch Samsung and will only get better when I can push the frame rate with a bettter gfx card. For £269 it’s a bargain.
£269, is that for real? was that a lightning sale price? I'm gutted I missed this one!!!

Associate
OP
Well this is odd , I bought 2 SSD's in the deal prices in the end , The amazon site is showing 14 in stock (at the higher price) , but got an email (expected today) saying they had been delayed till mid-late november... Odd. Guess i can expect them to cancel that then

I'm not sure how Prime Day works (13th + 14th October), but I bought a pair of secateurs back in September for £18. Afterwards, I had an email saying that because I bought the secateurs from a small business outlet on Amazon, I was given a £10 code, valid for 1 purchase on either of the 2 Prime days. In the end, I bought a Nintendo Switch game for £12 instead of £22, called Super Bomberman R.

The OP also asked about spends from last year. I've not heard of Prime Day before, so this year was my first time.

Associate
Was a very poor Prime Day. Not even £59 Prime.

Didnt find anything that good. The only decent thing was the £10 extra for topping up £100 on gift balance,and the £10 credit for buying something £10 from a small business.
Agree. Apart from the Samsung 1TB NVME, which was more expensive than last year's Prime Day, nothing really nice, specially as my pressure washer (8y+) and coffee machine (2y) decided to die this week.

Soldato
Funnily enough one of my packages went missing too, first time it ever happened with them IIRC. Already offered me a refund so not all bad.

Back
Top Bottom