Electriq C series - 34" 3440 x 1440 VA QLED 144Hz for £350

Associate
they don't buy other brand's "monitors" they buy panels from panel manufactureres like Samsung,LG,etc and put in their monitor,that's what many other brands do (Iiyama,AOC,Gigabyte,Xiaomi,Lenovo,even Dell,etc)

I'm pretty sure they buy the actual monitor and not the panel. My Electriq monitor was branded as a Massdrop Vast in America. They've got other rebranded Viotek monitors

Associate
Associate
Nope, I have Electiq's 34 previous widescreen model, which was a great buy. I'd imagine this is a great buy too. I also can't imagine the combination of 34 widescreen and VA panel more.

I'd read this thread before deciding on an option though, the £400 IPS 34" widescreen looks quite tempting

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...a-wide-144hz-around-34-best-options.18901473/

It is a great buy imo,in fact I think I was the first user here mentioning this monitor in various monitor threads,hoping I can find some user feedback as I'm considering buying it myself.
the price is cheapest of them all ultra wide 34" curved 3440x1440 144hz monitors + it's QLED panel which is a bonus vs nearly identical monitors from iiyama,gigabyte,aoc,xiaomi,lenovo

Associate
Overall after playing with the monitor for a couple hours I'm impressed with it. The monitor arrived in a thick Styrofoam coffin with no shipping damage to the box. It took one screw to assemble the stand and another 2 screws to attach it to a monitor. The colors are nice and vibrant and the difference between this VA and my old TN is a night and day. After running an eizo monitor test I found no dead pixels what so ever and only a little bit of backlight bleed in a round shape on the top left of the monitor, but even that was barely noticeable on a full black background. The OSD buttons take some time getting used to but the menu itself has everything you need including options including DCR, Hue and saturation sliders, Noise reduction, dynamic luminous control and MPRT. To be honest Im not sure what half of these do so I will have to play around with that later. There are even some build in crosshairs if you are into that. Now, the elephant in the room, the flickering. Using the bundled display cable and an rtx 3080 I noticed slight flickering on the left 1/4 of the display. Especially at the top. That is with a 141 fps lock. Dropping the frame lock to 120 did not fix the issue. Games tested were league of legends, cod modern warfare, escape from tarkov and watch dogs 2. I ordered a VESA certified 1.4 display cable to see if its the cable that's guilty or not. Lastly there is a nice red led at the back of the monitor around the stand. At the end of the day I'm quite happy with the monitor even if the flickering issue won't be fixed by changing the cable. For £369 with shipping I can't complain too much. The price is right.

Edit- After changing the gsync from both borderless to fullscreen only and launching the game in fullscreen the flickering disappeared from watch dogs 2.
So this one has flickering too? Damn.

Soldato
Mine arrived the other day, it was impressive at first in games, but terrible backlight bleed, and I thought VA was good for blacks, not with flashlights shining towards the middle of screen it wasnt^^

Desktop use with curve was weird, maybe a 1800r curve would be better, Sent it back in the end

Last edited:
Associate
/revive.

Hello chaps, recently stumbled upon this brand/monitor and wonder if anyone has any follow up points regarding it. It seems like a "too good to be true" scenario, and with the reports of flickering I guess that would be true.

However I've heard tweaks to the Freesync settings in the Nvidia control panel resolves this outright. Is that true? Or are people having to drop this down to 120/100Hz?

Any issues with ghosting? colour accuracy? For ~£400 I'm awfully suspicious...

Associate
They will have ghosting being the bottom barrel VA panels. I've always avoided these electriq monitors they've been around for years and use.bargain bin parts to get the cost down so much.

Associate
I have this monitor. Had it for about a month. Couple of caveats before I say more:
1. I'm only running this at 100hz over hdmi as my 1080ti is out of spare display ports (3080 due sometime.... before August, probably)
2. I'm not using it for gaming, it's my second monitor.

I really really like it. I've calibrated it with Spyder5Pro (uncalibrated, the reds don't pop as much as it should), and visually it's just such a massive step in quality from my previous 1080p TN.

I have it on an arm, not the supplied stand. Supplied in the box are some massive stand-offs that allow you to mount an arm to it.

I've not noticed any flickering but as I said I don't use it for gaming.

The HDR ain't all that (not bright enough imo). If you want HDR, spend more money on something else would be my advice, but if you can live without it it's pretty damn good panel for the money.

Feel free to fire questions my way if you like.

Associate
I have this monitor. Had it for about a month. Couple of caveats before I say more:
1. I'm only running this at 100hz over hdmi as my 1080ti is out of spare display ports (3080 due sometime.... before August, probably)
2. I'm not using it for gaming, it's my second monitor.

I really really like it. I've calibrated it with Spyder5Pro (uncalibrated, the reds don't pop as much as it should), and visually it's just such a massive step in quality from my previous 1080p TN.

I have it on an arm, not the supplied stand. Supplied in the box are some massive stand-offs that allow you to mount an arm to it.

I've not noticed any flickering but as I said I don't use it for gaming.

The HDR ain't all that (not bright enough imo). If you want HDR, spend more money on something else would be my advice, but if you can live without it it's pretty damn good panel for the money.

Feel free to fire questions my way if you like.

A bit late with this reply but did you notice any problems viewing white text on a black background. I know you said you don't really game that much but have you or anybody else seen any instances of 'black crush' when gaming?

Associate
A bit late with this reply but did you notice any problems viewing white text on a black background. I know you said you don't really game that much but have you or anybody else seen any instances of 'black crush' when gaming?
I actually had to look up what black crush was exactly so I knew what to reply with. I didn't know this was even a thing, I'm no monitor expert. There is a test image on displayninja.com (https://www.displayninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/va-panel-black-crush-test-image.png) so I used that to test with. I have to admit, it's there, but it's so slight it's really not worth complaining about. If I had to put a percentage on it, if it was 100% ok in the middle, I lose about 10-20% of the visibility of the test text at the edges. It's like the grey is slightly less bright.

I've not used this monitor for gaming at all in the last 3 months as I have an LG 4K beast that became my primary, so I can't advise more on that regard. I have a friend who bought one recently and he uses it for sim racing - he's very happy with it.

The only real major issue is the HDR - it's not worth using. Aside from that, this monitor really can't be beaten on price imo. Sure, there's always a better panel from someone else, but there's a cost to it. For what I paid, I really can't complain. It's pretty spot on. A massive massive leap over my previous 1080p TN.

Associate
I actually had to look up what black crush was exactly so I knew what to reply with. I didn't know this was even a thing, I'm no monitor expert. There is a test image on displayninja.com (https://www.displayninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/va-panel-black-crush-test-image.png) so I used that to test with. I have to admit, it's there, but it's so slight it's really not worth complaining about. If I had to put a percentage on it, if it was 100% ok in the middle, I lose about 10-20% of the visibility of the test text at the edges. It's like the grey is slightly less bright.

I've not used this monitor for gaming at all in the last 3 months as I have an LG 4K beast that became my primary, so I can't advise more on that regard. I have a friend who bought one recently and he uses it for sim racing - he's very happy with it.

The only real major issue is the HDR - it's not worth using. Aside from that, this monitor really can't be beaten on price imo. Sure, there's always a better panel from someone else, but there's a cost to it. For what I paid, I really can't complain. It's pretty spot on. A massive massive leap over my previous 1080p TN.
Thanks, I didn't actually know they had a term for that either tbh but I'd seen instances of it in videos people had done on other VA's. I do use my current setup for programming a fair bit and it's generally a dark background for that with lighter text as it's easier on the eye. I'd seen some videos where it looked horrible when scrolling up and down so I'm a bit wary to be honest. I know I could probably get an IPS model and that'd it'd be fine in that regards but I'd like a curved screen if I can, but those of that type tend to be a lot more expensive and overall I'm not convinced that spending a massive amount on a monitor at the moment is worth it as even those 'premium' ones aren't perfect.

Associate
I bought the older one a while back and its been pretty good. I cant notice anything wrong with apart from not being able to get the 100hz it stated on the website. But this being 144hz I'd imagine it should be able to do 120hz regardless.

Well I say that it does sort of look like the panel has moved ever so slightly inside the frame. It's not lose or anything just its not 100% even on the edges. But for over 100 quid less than other more premium models im still happy with it.

Soldato
Took receipt of one of their 1440p 95hz 27 inch monitors for £150 today and am really impressed. Reasonably uniform panel, barely any backlight bleed, and the stand is very sturdy albeit no tilt / raising.

Back
Top Bottom