Ok for 8 year old to have chicken vindaloo?

Soldato
I'm a big fan of spicy food although it's been a while since I've had an Indian curry. Over the years I've moved towards Thai food, usually home-made with my own chillies (any YouTube "Hot Thai Kitchen" followers here?).

Not sure whether I'd give a young child a very highly spiced dish. If someone else was cleaning the mess/drying the tears then sure, why not? :p

Associate
This thread has decided what I'm having for tea tomorrow. Probably not vindaloo though, as despite the spice, I find it a bit boring.

Soldato
As a kid I started on the Chinese curry sauce thinking I was really brave then built up to vindaloos and became addicted
I'm from Yorkshire though had and probably have some amazing restaurants there ,my mates would force me to try their birianis or Kormas (just no) saying how much better balanced they were and how the individual nuonces could be picked out ( well they would make grunts meaning this) it could have been the Seratonin from the intence heat ( I would ask for extra hot vindaloos) but quite an addiction , punishing the porceline the next day was part of the experience

NVP

NVP

Soldato
all that crap
Agreed, those we term as British curries are considered crap. Over-sweetened, extra thick, blended sauce covering cheap meat... I'd be embarrassed if that were the type of curry I served at home.

Try a real restaurant with traditional cooking methods and recipes :)

Or find you an Indian girl to date :D

Man of Honour
Agreed, those we term as British curries are considered crap. Over-sweetened, extra thick, blended sauce covering cheap meat... I'd be embarrassed if that were the type of curry I served at home.

I once read a short interview with an Indian cook who moved here to work. The first thing they had to do was learn to cook British "Indian" food.

There's a nod to it in one of the Discworld books, where food from another country becomes popular in Ankh-Morpork...but it's actually just several variations of slightly spiced swede with the names of the other country's food attached to it.

Back
Top Bottom