Anyone used sites that buy smartphones?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I had my phone on Marketplace for less than 5 hours and already getting tired of timewasters...

I went on one of those comparison sites and got a good quote of £255 for the P30 Pro from GoodBuyTech, TrustPilot reviews show 4.8 Stars and over 4k reviews, thoughts?

If not allowed, apologies.

Last edited:
Associate
Used Mazuma, ages ago. Was fine.
Selling privately you my get more money, but it's quite easy to face either the problem you described or someone trying to pull a fast one (swap hardware, stupid claims, etc).

Associate
I had my phone on Marketplace for less than 5 hours and already getting tired of timewasters...

I went on one of those comparison sites and got a good quote of £255 for the P30 Pro from GoodBuyTech, TrustPilot reviews show 4.8 Stars and over 4k reviews, thoughts?

If not allowed, apologies.
I have used mazuma quite a lot not for a while admittedly as I have changed my contract, but what you have to be aware of is some will find a fault that isn't there to lower the price they pay you or a scratch or screen burn-in, so be careful.

Soldato
Used MusicMagPie few weeks ago to get rid of my S10e, all went through for original quoted price on the same day they received it.

Was a little worried as kept hearing those knockdown price stories. Mine had 3 small hairline scratches on the glass and despite being in a Spigen case all its life, few tiny paint chips on the body but no issue at all from them.

Associate
Just been paid from Mazuma, there were better offers but from places I had never heard of so took a slight hight on value.

All picked up via DPD by them and paid full value on the same day they received it, couldn't have been a better service to be honest.

Soldato
Don’t you have access to the MM?

Sometimes its easier to sell to recyclers, avoids the "tyre kickers" who ask a million questions and want a receipt for warranty purposes, then try haggle you down because everyone wants a bargain lol.

back on topic, ive sold a perfect condition ipad to Music Magpie before, they appeared to find some pressure marks and wanted to buy it off me for £20. i refused and got it back, then I sent it to Good Buy Tech and they found it perfect and paid full price.

hey ho

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Sometimes its easier to sell to recyclers, avoids the "tyre kickers" who ask a million questions and want a receipt for warranty purposes, then try haggle you down because everyone wants a bargain lol.

back on topic, ive sold a perfect condition ipad to Music Magpie before, they appeared to find some pressure marks and wanted to buy it off me for £20. i refused and got it back, then I sent it to Good Buy Tech and they found it perfect and paid full price.

hey ho

Stupid question but, did you send your charger with and box or just the device? It only states the phone, there's no mention of charger etc. Just in case they try to low ball, I don't want to lose anything.

Soldato
Stupid question but, did you send your charger with and box or just the device? It only states the phone, there's no mention of charger etc. Just in case they try to low ball, I don't want to lose anything.

just phone only mate, give it a good clean, full charge, fully reset it and remove any activation locks and send it off well packaged.

Soldato
The last three phones I've sold have been on Ebay - usual precautions, only offer a fully trackable delivery service, plenty of pictures before sending so no chance of "not as described", banning people with low feedback, and everything has been fine.
Got more than I'd get from any "sell to us" site.
Have used Mazuma in the past - what it says on the tin. I made good assessment of condition, I received monies once they had the phone.

Soldato
The last three phones I've sold have been on Ebay - usual precautions, only offer a fully trackable delivery service, plenty of pictures before sending so no chance of "not as described", banning people with low feedback, and everything has been fine.
Got more than I'd get from any "sell to us" site.
Have used Mazuma in the past - what it says on the tin. I made good assessment of condition, I received monies once they had the phone.

that doesn't stop the ebay buyer from saying "Mic is intermittent," or "Phone gets really hot" etc towards the last week of the returns period, all because they have buyers remorse, it happens a lot and i avoid ebay for selling phones because of this as ebay will back the buyer 100%.

Soldato
that doesn't stop the ebay buyer from saying "Mic is intermittent," or "Phone gets really hot" etc towards the last week of the returns period, all because they have buyers remorse, it happens a lot and i avoid ebay for selling phones because of this as ebay will back the buyer 100%.

No, you're quite right.
I've been mainly lucky with my Ebay sales - the last two phones I sold were both Galaxy S8's (wife and I upgraded at the same time). For both adverts I think I added around 10 pictures showing every possible angle - showing mine was immaculate and that my wife's had some tiny scratches on the screen (ironically hers selling for slightly more than mine).
There are some really crap people on Ebay unfortunately - despite what some say, there are far fewer "bad buyers/sellers" than good - but yer, always a bit of a risk there.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Tbh, for the piece of mind, I prefer to lose the 10-20£ additional profit and just sell on MM or via Facebook.

Back
Top Bottom