Will Deliveroo deliver to a car?

Man of Honour
I want food from a restaurant but I’m outside the Deliveroo served area. The restaurant is in the city centre and I really want to avoid driving in. I thought if they could deliver to the outskirts of the city it would be win/win.

Has anyone ever had them deliver to a car park or something?

For the record, I’m not looking to abduct a Deliveroo guy or steal his scooter.

Commissario
For the record, I’m not looking to abduct a Deliveroo guy or steal his scooter.

*Narrators voice*
In fact Scuzi did indeed abduct the deliveroo guy and held him for 46 days until his demands for a proper chicken curry were met.

Erm I've not done it, but I suspect some places will, if just because you might get staff from a shop or factory wanting something to eat but not having a place to eat it inside (or not being allowed to eat it inside).

I'd guess the only way to know for certain would be to contact them.

Soldato
Deliveroo will come to any address, including business addresses so it shouldn't be a problem. I would find somewhere like a small unit on a trading estate you know that will be closed but has easy parking and get it delivered there.

Associate
I'm told that during the initial re-opening of mcdonalds etc... people were having deliveroo to their cars whilst in the queue for the drive-thru so i guess they must... Not sure what address they put? Restaurant address maybe and then "Purple ford mondeo reg ABC123 or something?

Associate
I used to be a Dominos driver and I used to deliver to lorry drivers from time to time who were away from home. As has been said, just park on a trade estate and then mention in the instructions (I'd guess deliveroo has this?) which car they're looking out for.

Soldato
You might need a post code so saying car at side of road might not work, but if you give the address of the place you are parked outside of then that may work.

Soldato
I had domino's delivered to the side of the road in a car once before watching a tractor run in Northern Ireland. Suspect they'll be cool with it.

Man of Honour
OP
Well, I gave it a go and it worked a treat. I dropped the pin at the local Sainsbury’s car park and the lady turned up on her motorbike half an hour later with some fantastic Thai food.

She could do with a few lessons on the bike (I was quite worried for her!) but otherwise a good outcome.

Commissario
Well, I gave it a go and it worked a treat. I dropped the pin at the local Sainsbury’s car park and the lady turned up on her motorbike half an hour later with some fantastic Thai food.

She could do with a few lessons on the bike (I was quite worried for her!) but otherwise a good outcome.
That’s great and it’s something I’d not even considered doing so it’s really good to know.

I hope the food was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom