Dexter Revival Happening At Showtime, Michael C. Hall To Return

Associate
Wonderful news that the original show runners are back , maybe they could say the last season (which was awful) was in fact a dream and we now see the police hunt , capture and trial of Dexter as the truth finally comes out about him.

It worked for Dallas so why not Dexter.

Associate
Wonderful news that the original show runners are back , maybe they could say the last season (which was awful) was in fact a dream and we now see the police hunt , capture and trial of Dexter as the truth finally comes out about him.

It worked for Dallas so why not Dexter.

Nothing would surprise me :p

Soldato
I'll watch and hope, but it won't be the same without Deb. Although they could bring Hannah back, as Harrison was with her at the end of Season 8.

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe just have it Dexter vs all the undead people from prior seasons, make it a zombie revenge show. Can't be any worse than the final season was.

That way they could bring back the most entertaining character, for me at least in Miguel.

Great video here with Miguel's highlights from season 3, though big spoilers if you haven't watched it already.

Associate
Speaking on The Hollywood Reporter’s podcast, the series boss (who left the original run after the much-celebrated Season 4) opened up about what exactly the new series will be – and posited it as a ‘second finale’ for Dexter. “We want this to not be Dexter season nine,” he said, adding that the new series will pick up several years after the original ending. “10 years, or however many years, have passed by the time this will air, and the show will reflect that time passage. In so far as the ending of the show, this will have no resemblance to how the original finale was. It’s a great opportunity to write a second finale for our show, and Showtime was very gracious about that.”

By the sounds of it, the new series won’t walk back the events of the Series 8 finale – but it should continue them to a more satisfying place. “I believe that [Michael C Hall] was not completely satisfied with it, and this is an opportunity to make that right, but that’s not why we’re doing it,” Phillips said. “We’re doing this because there is such a hunger for Dexter out there. […] We’re 10 years later. We’re not undoing anything. We’re not doing movie-magic. We’re not going to betray the audience and say, ‘Oop, that was all a dream.’ What happened in the first eight years happened in the first eight years.”

https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/dexter-return-second-finale-for-the-series/

Soldato
OP
Speaking on The Hollywood Reporter’s podcast, the series boss (who left the original run after the much-celebrated Season 4) opened up about what exactly the new series will be – and posited it as a ‘second finale’ for Dexter. “We want this to not be Dexter season nine,” he said, adding that the new series will pick up several years after the original ending. “10 years, or however many years, have passed by the time this will air, and the show will reflect that time passage. In so far as the ending of the show, this will have no resemblance to how the original finale was. It’s a great opportunity to write a second finale for our show, and Showtime was very gracious about that.”

By the sounds of it, the new series won’t walk back the events of the Series 8 finale – but it should continue them to a more satisfying place. “I believe that [Michael C Hall] was not completely satisfied with it, and this is an opportunity to make that right, but that’s not why we’re doing it,” Phillips said. “We’re doing this because there is such a hunger for Dexter out there. […] We’re 10 years later. We’re not undoing anything. We’re not doing movie-magic. We’re not going to betray the audience and say, ‘Oop, that was all a dream.’ What happened in the first eight years happened in the first eight years.”

https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/dexter-return-second-finale-for-the-series/
Fingers crossed then!

Man of Honour
I actually didn’t mind the very end ending (as in the last episode) but the whole plot of series 8 and the late appearance of that specific character was just the absolute most awful, worst thing that could ever happen. The whole of series 8 was supremely horri-bad. The ending was more of the same, at the worst, but I was sort of glad for it to be over. I couldn’t believe how much I didn’t care after being so hooked.

I still make my breakfast like Dexter every day though.

Soldato
One of the things that irked me during the last couple of seasons was that he was making mistakes that previously he would never have made. He was absolutely meticulous thinking steps and steps ahead of his victims and the investigators but on several occasions that went out of the window completely. The prime example was when he went down into the cellar looking for Travis (The Doomsday killer) to find his mentor in the freezer.. There was absolutely no way he could have got into the cellar as Dexter had to move the table that was on top of it as well as a rug. it was a truly :rolleyes: moment.

I can understand that the walls were closing in and he was probably actually effected by the death of Rita and actually having to then juggle what he did, work, kids etc making him sloppy but it was completely out of character.

Back
Top Bottom