Audi Approved Used - Negotiating

Soldato
It sounds like everyone got the deal they wanted (like the brexit deal will be), in which case the dealers would be out of business, or,
moreover, the dealers had out-thunk them. The nobel prize allocated this week had an interesting take on bidding to wit Winner's curse

An obvious comment, perhaps on a less common car than the S5, could your wife have negotiated a better deal, a competition sounds fun.

Soldato
How does it sound?

It sounds like both you and your wife know/think dropping £32k (that you don’t have) on a car might not be the best idea, and that you’re trying to get anonymous people on a computer forum to persuade you otherwise.

Some of us here will tell you all day that you should buy that car, YOLO/might die tomorrow, Covid has shown us that none of us are invincible, blah blah blah (PistonHeads is ten times worse for this). We’re not the ones that have to live with the finances payments and your wife’s disapproving.

What do these married folks say? Happy wife, happy life?

Soldato
The benefits of having a shared bank account with the wife for joint things and personal accounts for our own purchases. Told the wife I was off to buy a new car on Friday and she couldn’t care less as it’s my money

Soldato
does beg the question who has a car where their wife isn't on the insurance, and also has to drive / somewhat approve it ....long road trips, pub ....

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The benefits of having a shared bank account with the wife for joint things and personal accounts for our own purchases. Told the wife I was off to buy a new car on Friday and she couldn’t care less as it’s my money
You replacing the Benz?

Associate
OP
It sounds like both you and your wife know/think dropping £32k (that you don’t have) on a car might not be the best idea, and that you’re trying to get anonymous people on a computer forum to persuade you otherwise.
Interesting that you perceived it that way as I have never asked for opinions on whether or not I should buy this car.
I've asked for advice negotiating with Audi, and then updated to let the folks who'd helped me know it wasn't happening yet and (after some fun replies) more detail on why.

Back
Top Bottom