Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX - 32" 4K, 144Hz, HDR-1400, G-Sync, 1152 Mini-LED zones

Soldato
OP
It seems for PC usage DisplayPort has got your back for many years to come.

Yes it's not going anywhere. It's just as 4K high refresh becomes more popular that it will become more widespread. Its inclusion on next-gen consoles is a clear indicator of that.

Soldato
OP
I'm on the Asus website this monitor has hdmi 2.1 connection with it.

What site are you on? I can't even find it on there, other than in news articles (like the one from January in the first post of this thread), and no mention in those of HDMI 2.1.

I've never seen HDMI 2.1 mentioned in connection to this monitor, and the Acer equivalent (the X32) was announced by them to feature three HDMI 2.0 ports and DisplayPort 1.4, so again, no HDMI 2.1 to be seen.

As Badass has said, it makes sense that this may have something to do with the G-Synce module.

Man of Honour
It almost certainly will have DSC.
I’m not sure if it will. You’d have thought that would have been mentioned in the original Jan press release and I’m also not sure if the Gsync module can support it, and I believe it would need to for DSC to function here. Think the current DSC screens are all adaptive sync?

which would leave it in same boat as PG27UQ where it could do 98Hz at 10bit, 120Hz at 8-bit. But needed 4:2:2 chroma sub sampling for max 144Hz

Associate
I’m not sure if it will. You’d have thought that would have been mentioned in the original Jan press release and I’m also not sure if the Gsync module can support it, and I believe it would need to for DSC to function here. Think the current DSC screens are all adaptive sync?
which would leave it in same boat as PG27UQ where it could do 98Hz at 10bit, 120Hz at 8-bit. But needed 4:2:2 chroma sub sampling for max 144Hz

Well they can keep the monitor if thats the case, cause its either HDMI 2.1 or DSC if I'm going to even look at it for my next monitor. Kind of disappointed this :(

Soldato
What site are you on? I can't even find it on there, other than in news articles (like the one from January in the first post of this thread), and no mention in those of HDMI 2.1.

I've never seen HDMI 2.1 mentioned in connection to this monitor, and the Acer equivalent (the X32) was announced by them to feature three HDMI 2.0 ports and DisplayPort 1.4, so again, no HDMI 2.1 to be seen.

As Badass has said, it makes sense that this may have something to do with the G-Synce module.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7571...144hz-mini-led-monitor-with-hdmi-2-1/amp.html

Soldato
Is there any updates on the release date & price for this monitor yet ?
As i been thinking of buying the PG35VQ but looks like this new monitor has better specs

The main thing am interested in is I want a monitor with really good blacks

The blacks on my PG34Q are more like just a dark grey then black :( and the picture kind of just looks flat & boring compared to seeing the same pictures on my OLED & plasma TV's

Why does a TV give such better picture quality compared to a PC monitor :(:confused: Am really hoping this new monitor can change that

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Is there any updates on the release date & price for this monitor yet ?
As i been thinking of buying the PG35VQ but looks like this new monitor has better specs

The main thing am interested in is I want a monitor with really good blacks

The blacks on my PG34Q are more like just a dark grey then black :( and the picture kind of just looks flat & boring compared to seeing the same pictures on my OLED & plasma TV's

Why does a TV give such better picture quality compared to a PC monitor :(:confused: Am really hoping this new monitor can change that

Don't get your hopes up. It's still IPS (same as your PG348Q) so if you're going to compare this to OLED or even a regular LCD TV (most of which are VA), then you will be disappointed. There's no reason to think the PG32UQX will have better blacks than any other good IPS panel, and the advertised spec of a 1000:1 contrast ratio indicates as much.

If you want OLED like blacks, get an OLED. No monitor is ever going to get close. You've ruined every PC monitor for yourself by looking at OLED lol. :p

Back
Top Bottom