Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
My year old BMW GS1250 goes in soon for a new clutch and complete LH cylinder (death rattle) all warranty work. They need it for a week :(

Blimey, these 1250s are going through a bit of a teething period aren't they. Have you been contacted about the caliper recall, or is yours not affected?

Tea Drinker
Don
Blimey, these 1250s are going through a bit of a teething period aren't they. Have you been contacted about the caliper recall, or is yours not affected?

Calipers were already replaced when I bought it. It had a front wheel as it was buckled. Ex BMW off road skills bike so no reflection of normal use....

BMW explanation is they throw out new models and let the GP be the shake down and are happy to provide the warranty and replacements. That’s what they say anyway.

Associate
Yeh that wouldn't surprise me, the previous gen 2013-'19 seemed to suffer from quality control issues with paint. The amount of people had new engines fitted because of flaky paintwork.

My 2018 GSA seems to be holding up ok, it's out of warranty now though, so I'll be sorting out the issues myself (if it has any).

Tea Drinker
Don
Ack that's a pain. Is the rattle very pronounced? Self interest as I ride mine and get paranoid at the slightest noise!

Clatter under load, say third gear off a roundabout will clatter on the the LH cylinder at lower revs. It’s slight not obvious, sounds like a cam rattle. BMW I don’t think even looked into it just accepted it as common issue and booked it in.

Soldato
Does anyone know about plate lights? Bike has been off the road for a while, going for MOT but saw something about the rules changing and a plate light is required, but my bike has never had one? It's a 2003.

Man of Honour
Does anyone know about plate lights? Bike has been off the road for a while, going for MOT but saw something about the rules changing and a plate light is required, but my bike has never had one? It's a 2003.
If the rear light lights up the plate you'll be fine, my SV never had one and it wasn't a problem.

Soldato
New tyres today, as per usual it was raining. Literally every time I get tyres it rains...

You never realise just how **** your tyres are until you get a fresh pair and it feels incredibly weird. I had to pull over because I was adamant that they’d put the tyre on the wrong way round or something, but nope lol.

Got PR5s on from my Angel GTs before.

Soldato

Would i be able to salvage this rear indicator?, (Triumph tiger xrt 2018) can i open it up to reattach wires and glue back on do you think?, don't want to buy another if i don't have to.

It's snapped off not damaged in any other way, and they are quite pricey.

Soldato

Would i be able to salvage this rear indicator?, (Triumph tiger xrt 2018) can i open it up to reattach wires and glue back on do you think?, don't want to buy another if i don't have to.

It's snapped off not damaged in any other way, and they are quite pricey.
Pry open from the bottom so you can’t see the marks.. if it is glued together then perhaps consider some aftermarket indicators instead of oem?

If you go down the glue route, try Araldite (not the quick setting type)

Back
Top Bottom