Beheaded teacher in a street in France(Usual suspects).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
You can't ban an entire country, religion or class of people because of one murderer, because that sort of action is what made them extremists in the first place. It's just feeding the fire. What we need to do is what we do - single out the extremists. We do a good job but we obviously need to do better.

Soldato
Some one asked and I answered.

Not saying I like what china are doing.
But where was your TV and phone made?

Or have you banned Chinese made products from your home?
It's clear to see you hate them.

I dont hate China at all but you mentioned them as an example we should be following so evidently you support what they are doing. The country itself is absolutely backwards in how it treats its people.

I strongly suggest you listen to Maajid Nawaz on LBC on it.

Caporegime
Are you on the wind up here? You cant seriously support what China are doing surely?

Considering I was the one that started the thread on here pointing it out, have a ponder. Weirdly no Islamic countries seem too bothered though seeing as the likes of Iran and Pakistan are major trading partners with them.

Soldato
I think its a failure to integrate in to society. If a refugee moves to a new country they have to accept the values and principles of that country, at least broadly.

I mean, this guy picked France to move to, then getting upset about it.

Soldato
OP
I dont hate China at all but you mentioned them as an example we should be following so evidently you support what they are doing. The country itself is absolutely backwards in how it treats its people.

I strongly suggest you listen to Maajid Nawaz on LBC on it.

But you still buy the products made there.
Isn't that a bit two faced?

Caporegime
I think its a failure to integrate in to society. If a refugee moves to a new country they have to accept the values and principles of that country, at least broadly.

I mean, this guy picked France to move to, then getting upset about it.

Part of the problem is at the individual level but it sounds like he was egged on by the greater community. Thats the real challenge. There will always be nutjobs but how do you instill a greater sense of tolerance and understanding in a whole community?

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can't ban an entire country, religion or class of people because of one murderer, because that sort of action is what made them extremists in the first place. It's just feeding the fire. What we need to do is what we do - single out the extremists. We do a good job but we obviously need to do better.

One murderer?

You do know that certain regions are at war with the west and have been committing mass murders since and before 9/11?

People move here for cultural freedoms and then murder those exercising those freedoms.

Caporegime
I think the sad issue is that most Muslims are more loyal to their religion than they are patriotic.

Therefore a Muslim in the uk will refer to shariah law, show support for Pakistan, refuse to denounce these kind of acts as they covertly support them and would protest such catoons, despite moving to the UK knowing about freedom from religious oppression and freedom of speech.

Soldato
Some one asked and I answered.

Not saying I like what china are doing.
But where was your TV and phone made?

Or have you banned Chinese made products from your home?
It's clear to see you hate them.

This is surely straw man territory, you cited China as an example of a country who has banned Islam without problem. Once it's been pointed out to you that, no it hasn't and that China has an appalling human rights record and arguably created a larger problem than it sought to prevent, your argument is now that if don't support what they are doing why are you buying their goods?

It's possible to be diametrically opposed to the way that China's leaders control the country and yet not hate the Chinese, that's tarring everyone with the same brush, but unfortunately that's half of your problem, that's what you do.

It's also to avoid Chinese produced products because of western capitalism, you would find it incredibly difficult to do so and you certainly wouldn't be meeting any of them online.

Soldato
Part of the problem is at the individual level but it sounds like he was egged on by the greater community. Thats the real challenge. There will always be nutjobs but how do you instill a greater sense of tolerance and understanding in a whole community?

Sadly I think this is a general population problem too (though none of them lash out like this), that people dont feel a part of the society they live in.

Caporegime
This is surely straw man territory, you cited China as an example of a country who has banned Islam without problem. Once it's been pointed out to you that, no it hasn't and that China has an appalling human rights record and arguably created a larger problem than it sought to prevent, your argument is now that if don't support what they are doing why are you buying their goods?

It's possible to be diametrically opposed to the way that China's leaders control the country and yet not hate the Chinese, that's tarring everyone with the same brush, but unfortunately that's half of your problem, that's what you do.

It's also to avoid Chinese produced products because of western capitalism, you would find it incredibly difficult to do so and you certainly wouldn't be meeting any of them online.

Nicely put.

You can't call for a ban of Islam citing China as a successful example then say you don't like what they're doing.

deuse it's not clear what you want? A ban on Muslims practicing Islam? Mass deportation?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sadly I think this is a general population problem too (though none of them lash out like this), that people dont feel a part of the society they live in.

They have already created a separate society, closed ranks, based around mosque led policy and insight.

They act and vote as per the local mosque leaders, follow a different law etc.

Tell me how Muslim women can ever mix and integrate when they are barely allowed to interact with anyone outside of their family/household?

Muslim women 'struggling to integrate' in UK

The report showed that 16% of Britain's Muslim population cannot speak English well, or at all.

Further figures show 22% of Muslim women have poor English skills, while 57% of Pakistani and Bangladeshi women don't work.

Dame Louise, speaking to ITV News in Sparkhill, Birmingham, argued that reasons behind so many Muslim women being out of work may partly be cultural.

She said her investigation into the issue, the Casey Review, would be difficult to take for Muslim communities in particular - where poor English skills and the dominance of men are holding women back.

https://www.itv.com/news/2016-12-05/muslim-women-struggling-to-integrate-in-uk

Soldato
I'm pretty sure fascism never really died in this country.

In fact right wing terror plots are now a major threat to the country according to the mi5.
Politics of peace?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...iti-patel-to-stop-attacks-on-activist-lawyers
Home secretary Priti Patel ignored warnings from at least two senior colleagues to stop targeting immigration lawyers after a knifeman threatened to kill a solicitor last month in an attack linked to her rhetoric, the Observer can reveal.

Lord chancellor Robert Buckland and attorney general Suella Braverman intervened after the attack to tell Patel that her targeting of the legal profession was already believed to have inspired an incident that might have left a solicitor dead.

Both asked Patel to cease her attacks on the legal profession, warning that more violence could materialise following the 7 September incident when a man entered a law firm in London armed with a “large, heavy duty knife” and embarked on a “racist, violent attack” that injured a staff member before the assailant was overwhelmed.

Patel, however, ignored the pleas from her two senior colleagues and during her speech to the Tory party conference on 4 October intensified her targeting of “do-gooders” and “lefty lawyers”. Two days later Boris Johnson went even further, telling the annual Conservative conference the criminal justice system was “being hamstrung by lefty human rights lawyers”.

On 7 September a man with a large knife entered a London law firm and launched a “violent, racist attack” that injured a staff member before the assailant was overwhelmed.

A confederate flag and far-right literature were allegedly found in a bag he was carrying. According to documents about the incident, police described the knife as a “weapon designed to cause serious harm”.

Days before, on 3 September, Patel dismayed the legal profession by claiming “activist lawyers” were frustrating the removal of migrants.

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I think the sad issue is that most Muslims are more loyal to their religion than they are patriotic.

Therefore a Muslim in the uk will refer to shariah law, show support for Pakistan, refuse to denounce these kind of acts as they covertly support them and would protest such catoons, despite moving to the UK knowing about freedom from religious oppression and freedom of speech.

Let's not generalise, and why pick Pakistan? And they all refuse to denounce these acts do they? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom