• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I wonder if we'll see a remaster cash grab with the next gen consoles. Unlock the frame rate, very little else in terms of upgrades and charge us £24.99 for the pleasure....... We already know the Series X can play AC Unity at 60fps using the disc version of the game.

Soldato
I wonder if we'll see a remaster cash grab with the next gen consoles. Unlock the frame rate, very little else in terms of upgrades and charge us £24.99 for the pleasure....... We already know the Series X can play AC Unity at 60fps using the disc version of the game.

Why would we get remasters when they're pushing backward compatibility and all the features and improvements that it brings to older games? I can't imagine remasters would offer enough to be a selling point given Game Pass and backwards compatibility.

Soldato
Be nice if we got a surprise game wise something exclusive for them

Perhaps. I'm sure that Flight Sim can't be far off of being ready on the Series S and X. Halo I wouldn't expect until next year at least, but there are a few others that could launch soon. And with Game Pass, there's no need to build hype because if it's a first party title, it'll be available to download on Game Pass straight away without preorders so they could easily do it.

Soldato
Only if you already have game pass. It’s the cheapest way to add a year to an already active game pass subscription.

What happens with existing Game Pass if you add in an Xbox Live code? Doesn't that extend as well?

Edit: Nevermind, found out online that this also converts to four months. My Game Pass expires on November 10th and I'm trying to figure out how to get the best deal to resubscribe!

Soldato
I have GPU on my 1x until summer 22. Apologies if it has already been answered but will this simply transfer to my series x and allow all up coming next gen content, or will I need to upgrade my sub somehow?

Man of Honour
Anyone heard about the supposed event that MS will be hosting on the 9th November? There are places online making mention of a leak of it. Nobody is sure of what will be shown, but people are hoping for new games :)

Hopefully some new games that we either aren’t aware of or are about to have some imminent release dates.

Soldato
I have GPU on my 1x until summer 22. Apologies if it has already been answered but will this simply transfer to my series x and allow all up coming next gen content, or will I need to upgrade my sub somehow?

Yes it will transfer to series X. When setting up just make sure you use the Game pass Ultimate account.

Soldato

Game Pass isn't locked to the console, it's on your account so when you sign into the new console with your existing account, it'll be there ready to go!

Caporegime
What happens with existing Game Pass if you add in an Xbox Live code? Doesn't that extend as well?

Edit: Nevermind, found out online that this also converts to four months. My Game Pass expires on November 10th and I'm trying to figure out how to get the best deal to resubscribe!
Wait until it expires, load up your 3 years of Live then buy 1 month gamepass I think.

Soldato
2 days til my one month for £1 expires, then can load up on gold and resub.

Keep finding more games that not played that getting upgrades and other new releases. Starting to get hard what to play on release.

Man of Honour
2 days til my one month for £1 expires, then can load up on gold and resub.

Keep finding more games that not played that getting upgrades and other new releases. Starting to get hard what to play on release.

Haha, yes, same. I have a list of about 20 to play. I guess I’ll start with AC, but I’m tempted to hold off for cyberpunk, play something else on release and get AC for cheaper/Christmas. Someone help :p

WD Legion is looking good too. Then far cry 6 drops next year. Decisions.

Somehow I need to fit work and the gym into all this too. And make sure the wife doesn’t leave me.

I need more energy like when I was younger and would complete a game like Halo 2 in one sitting.

Associate
What’s the best way to transfer stuff from an OG X1 to a XSX?

Digital foundry did a video on the speeds of games loading from external HDD, SSD and Nvme and the HDD came in so much slower on all test. So may be worth transferring to SSD or NVME and keeping them on there if you have one.

Soldato
Anyone heard about the supposed event that MS will be hosting on the 9th November? There are places online making mention of a leak of it. Nobody is sure of what will be shown, but people are hoping for new games :)

Be nice if they are announcing more consoles are available. Gutted I missed the preorders, by the time I got on to Curry's they only had the S left

Back
Top Bottom