*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Anyone got any tips for routing the link cable with the standard strap? I currently have it running along the side but it looks to making the cable go into the port at a slight angle and I'm worried that eventually cause some damage to the port.

Anyone got any tips for routing the link cable with the standard strap? I currently have it running along the side but it looks to making the cable go into the port at a slight angle and I'm worried that eventually cause some damage to the port.

Thread it through the loop at the rear of the strap.
H1DLLor.png

Soldato
Reading a few people saying that a battery pack can't charge it as fast as it discharges. So a huge pack may not be better than a smaller one you can comfortably use as a counter weight.

Associate
I was tempted to order the Anker one mention above but not sure now...

So it would extend the battery life a little but as it’s not able to charge it quick enough the full benefits won’t be realised?

Soldato

So it would extend the battery life a little but as it’s not able to charge it quick enough the full benefits won’t be realised?

Think you are confusing things. The battery pack is from Aopawa. The USB cable as an alternative to the Oculus Link cable is from Anker.

Man of Honour
OP
given how well virtual desktop works the quest3 is likely to move to wifi pcvr, it's surprisingly good.
I think soon after link is out of beta they'll start a beta for air link. Would be surprised if they upgrade to quest 3 or whatever within 18 months again, I hope they'll be pushing very hard on this as the technology is there. I think once standard link is stamped and out the door, there'll be that slack in the marketing to push wireless to officially being in beta without it seeming like everything they're doing is beta.
Reading a few people saying that a battery pack can't charge it as fast as it discharges. So a huge pack may not be better than a smaller one you can comfortably use as a counter weight.

Well, I've seen my battery percentage increase while playing using an unremarkable Anker 3m cable I use to charge my phone (works with fast charge), so it's definitely possible to charge the quest faster than it draws from my experience. The same can't be said for my experience with Link to a PC, although this cable is seriously substandard for data as it detects as USB 2 and doesn't push more than 300mbps.

Soldato

I'm debating getting myself the strap/battery for xmas, or just the strap and the biggest usb battery i can find.

Getting a huge external battery might extend the play time a little more but it's a lot more trouble than it's worth I feel. Where do you put it when you are playing? What about the cable going from the battery to the headset, won't that be annoying when you are playing and it isn't light at 350g.

For me it's definitely going to be the Elite Strap.

Soldato
The headset will use its internal battery regardless of whether its connected to an external powerpack or the link cable. It just takes a lot longer to run down.
I have the battery in my back pocket with the cable Velcro to the hmd then running down my back inside my t shirt. Works great.

Associate
I was thinking of strapping it to a belt and wearing it, run a usb cable down your back. The main benefits of an external battery are power size and you can swap it out when its flat.

Soldato
Well, I've seen my battery percentage increase while playing using an unremarkable Anker 3m cable I use to charge my phone (works with fast charge), so it's definitely possible to charge the quest faster than it draws from my experience. The same can't be said for my experience with Link to a PC, although this cable is seriously substandard for data as it detects as USB 2 and doesn't push more than 300mbps.

Good to hear that.

Back
Top Bottom