• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it worth upgrading from a 9900k yet?

Soldato
I'm just wondering what the general consensus is currently...

I don't do anything other than gaming these days and was lucky enough to grab a 3080 on launch day so I'm wondering if it's worth getting a 5900X and support for Pcie gen 4 to get the most out of it?

Soldato
I'm just wondering what the general consensus is currently...

I don't do anything other than gaming these days and was lucky enough to grab a 3080 on launch day so I'm wondering if it's worth getting a 5900X and support for Pcie gen 4 to get the most out of it?
Im thinking of getting the 9900k from my 9600k, i think the 9900k is still a very good cpu mate. No need to swap at all, from what i've seen benchmarks wise is around 8-10fps faster in 1440p gaming.

Soldato
OP
Yeah you're absolutely right, it does everything I want it to do still and does it well. Just getting that itch but no need to scratch yet.

Associate
If you can't do things you want to, or if it would make you more money - upgrade

If you are just feeling upgrade itchy, dust and clean it. Upgrading isn't worth the effort - to many new things coming out over the next year or two. Not enough performance upgrade.

Soldato
OP
Don't think I've got a particular good over overclocker when it comes to my cpu as I recall the last time I had it at 5ghz it needed quite a bump to the voltage though I'm a total novice and would quite happily accept help from the overclocking gods. Lol Also never touched my memory other than xmp as I've no idea what I'm doing there either.

Man of Honour
Unless your playing a game heavily cpu dependent like X4, some of the AC games, cities, planet coaster etc then I don’t see the point other than to have something new and shiny. Fine if you don’t mind losing cash for little gain, I get you :p

Soldato
OP
Unless your playing a game heavily cpu dependent like X4, some of the AC games, cities, planet coaster etc then I don’t see the point other than to have something new and shiny. Fine if you don’t mind losing cash for little gain, I get you :p

Actually stopped playing x4 and cities because of that actually...

Back
Top Bottom