• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That's pretty impressive :cool:

I'm a Division 2 guy tbh, and dropping to an 85% render with Medium settings and it's handling it great and looks fantastic on the PG43UQ :)

(it's a pretty harsh game!!)

Yes 1440p and see 90-120fps with the odd drop to 60+. That's a big monitor to drive, impressed it copes with that!

Soldato
I just bought the Sabrent Rocket 1TB (SB-ROCKET-1TB) the blue one for £80 will use it to store games , it was to replace an 1tb 7200rpm which I used for gaming for 5 years :p finally can get away from the spin up noise and seeking and of course the speed , I also have an 256gb ssd nvme I use for windows and software I might get gen 4 nvme later on if I upgrade to the zen 3 and get board with 2-3 m.2 slots

Soldato
No!! Don't wish it away dude ;) :p

A week on Weds, it'll fly by man!! Cannae wait myself now :D

Hopefully it will go quickly. I hate waiting / not knowing.

This is rookie talk! We all know the trolling gets more intense from here on in! :)

:D

I might get gen 4 nvme later on if I upgrade to the zen 3 and get board with 2-3 m.2 slots

Doesn’t seem to make much difference at the moment. As long as you’re on PCIe you’re all good.

Permabanned
Doesn’t seem to make much difference at the moment. As long as you’re on PCIe you’re all good.

I'd say the same as I use 2 4TB SATA3 SSDs for games and work, 512GB SATA3 SSD for boot/os/usual apps and a couple of 4TB SATA2 HDs for backups/junk. But now they have thrown a spanner in the works with streaming data driectly to VRAM. NVMe will be necessary.

Associate
I just cant listen to his voice, its like nails down a chalk board to me lol

"LLLLLLLLLLadies and gentlemen, my name's Paul and in this RedGamingTech dot com video, we'll be discussing, as well as analysing, TECH news which, as usual, has popped up over the past 24 or so hours"

Is it bad I can quote his opening blurb from memory :p

I need to stop watching his vids haha

Associate
"LLLLLLLLLLadies and gentlemen, my name's Paul and in this RedGamingTech dot com video, we'll be discussing, as well as analysing, TECH news which, as usual, has popped up over the past 24 or so hours"

Is it bad I can quote his opening blurb from memory :p

I need to stop watching his vids haha

I find it strange that he genuinely believes ladies are watching.... maybe 1 lady per week in an optimistic scenario

Man of Honour
Do you have any proof on this GDDR6 claim you are making?

Im not convinced AMDs 7nm Gpus are going to ve as expensive to manufacture as Nvidias shoddy Samsung 8nm ones are.

AMD has a lot of custom with TSMC, sure wafer prices are higher than previous nodes but yields are very very good by all accounts as has been said and shown here many times. Fairly certain AMD are fabbing more stuff at TSMC than Nvidia are at Samsung probably to the point where they are getting enough discounts and yields to get a better ROI than Nvidia.

So i ask you once again please prove where Nvidia get a better GDDR6 price than other customers? GDDR6X yes i believe as Nvidia helped design it..

Please back up your claims with evidence as i and probably many others are interested to see this info.

I dont think AMDs cost to manufacture is as high as everyone believes it is, and i think they are making big margins on their cpus, and im personally hoping they are going to use the markup on the cpus to offset a lower price on bringing gpus to market to disrupt with an aggressive price campaign.

Again as i said previously, their Zen tactic, bring in a competing product stack that offers insanely good price to performance and go from there.

AMD done this in the cpu space and are now leading it, the fight will be 100x tougher against Nvidia in the gpu space, but Intel will probably join in soon, so i think AMD will make hay while the sun shines.

If AMD can come to market with similar raster performance products at a lower cost to Ampere they will hoover up sales, as the lack of DLSS and RT performance will keep some die hards on the green side but there are a lot of fence sitters who don't care about anything other than raster performance and price and will jump.

AMDs biggest problem under the above scenario will be stock, global demand will be huge

nVidia worked with Micron on the development of GDDR5X and GDDR6X taking risk production for their early cards and at least with Micron have access to pricing other customers don't https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...wers-NVIDIA-s-Breakthrough-Gaming-Speeds.html

Samsung gave nVidia very preferential rates on 8nm which was already quite a lot cheaper than TSMC 7nm and TSMC has increased pricing further since (likewise nVidia collaborated with Samsung to refine the node getting a 10% frequency increase over the original https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5...nm-tech-at-NVIDIA-s-Ampere-cards/td-p/5342874

Soldato
Hopefully it will go quickly. I hate waiting / not knowing.

:D

maybe once RTX IO/ DirectStorage for Windows we will start seeing differences whenever that is implemented :confused:

Associate
nVidia worked with Micron on the development of GDDR5X and GDDR6X taking risk production for their early cards and at least with Micron have access to pricing other customers don't https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...wers-NVIDIA-s-Breakthrough-Gaming-Speeds.html

Samsung gave nVidia very preferential rates on 8nm which was already quite a lot cheaper than TSMC 7nm and TSMC has increased pricing further since (likewise nVidia collaborated with Samsung to refine the node getting a 10% frequency increase over the original https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5...nm-tech-at-NVIDIA-s-Ampere-cards/td-p/5342874

So as i said previously, show me the info where nvidia get GDDR6 cheaper than anyone else, not GDDR5X or GDDR6X as AMD are not using either of these? No? Thought as much, again you passing off your personal speculation as truth.. Infact nowhere in your linked article does it even say Nvidia get cheaper prices, this again is just speculation but i will concede this, as Nvidia has probably got cheaper prices for GDDR6X, but i just dont buy this for GDDR6, show us proof or stop making exaggerated claims and passing them off as truths.

And again in your 2nd link, no mention of prices, or specifically that Samsung 8nm is cheaper than TSMC 7nm..again no evidence.

Just admit its all speculation on your part, being passed off as truths..

Like i said previously, in any manufacturing environment, bulk buys you discounts, AMD have more orders with TSMC to drive down wafer prices, coupled with extremely good yields, i seriously doubt there is a low margin to be had on their product portfolio with the exception of Console socs.

Either start showing proof or just admit like the rest of us its just your personal speculation and that is all.

Man of Honour
So as i said previously, show me the info where nvidia get GDDR6 cheaper than anyone else, not GDDR5X or GDDR6X as AMD are not using either of these? No? Thought as much, again you passing off your personal speculation as truth.. Infact nowhere in your linked article does it even say Nvidia get cheaper prices, this again is just speculation but i will concede this, as Nvidia has probably got cheaper prices for GDDR6X, but i just dont buy this for GDDR6, show us proof or stop making exaggerated claims and passing them off as truths.

And again in your 2nd link, no mention of prices, or specifically that Samsung 8nm is cheaper than TSMC 7nm..again no evidence.

Just admit its all speculation on your part, being passed off as truths..

Like i said previously, in any manufacturing environment, bulk buys you discounts, AMD have more orders with TSMC to drive down wafer prices, coupled with extremely good yields, i seriously doubt there is a low margin to be had on their product portfolio with the exception of Console socs.

Either start showing proof or just admit like the rest of us its just your personal speculation and that is all.

People will then just start arguing over some irrelevant point in my post and/or attack me instead of what I'm saying - so I won't waste my time. If anyone cares they can look at my posting history and see how often I was right with things like the capacitor issue, use of Samsung 8nm on the 3080/90 when everyone was claiming 7nm TSMC, etc. etc. if people want me posting proof then they need to bring these threads up to something a bit more approaching speakers corner. Instead half the time it is like a bunch of howling monkeys in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom