New pans needed for induction hob...

Soldato
With any luck we are moving house soon but one thing in the new house is that it has an induction hob and apparently our existing pans wont work so I need a new set of pans!

Any recommendations welcome - the missus would like non-metal handles and ideally have a "pouring" dent and drainer on the pans but other than that we are fairly open!

Associate
I bought a set of Meyer Select pans, they have a pouring lip and a perforated lid with large and small holes. They're fine, only thing I would say is the handle on the lid does sometimes get hot when draining the pan but it is infrequent so hasn't been an issue for us.

Soldato
OP
I bought a set of Meyer Select pans, they have a pouring lip and a perforated lid with large and small holes. They're fine, only thing I would say is the handle on the lid does sometimes get hot when draining the pan but it is infrequent so hasn't been an issue for us.

Thanks, I'll take a look!

Soldato
With any luck we are moving house soon but one thing in the new house is that it has an induction hob and apparently our existing pans wont work so I need a new set of pans!

Any recommendations welcome - the missus would like non-metal handles and ideally have a "pouring" dent and drainer on the pans but other than that we are fairly open!
I use pro cook to get my induction pans and knives......great company and great sales too

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I have a full set of ProCook Elite try-ply which, other than the AEG pans (which are hard to get hold of as a complete set), are the best pans I've used.

I don't like non-metallic handles as I often put the pans in the oven. It's not like the metal handles get hot on an induction hob.

Associate
I use pro cook to get my induction pans and knives......great company and great sales too

I have a full set of ProCook Elite try-ply which, other than the AEG pans (which are hard to get hold of as a complete set), are the best pans I've used.

Another ProCook user here. Mine are the cheaper "gourmet" stainless steel set if I rememer rightly rather than the higher Elite, but I've found them brilliant. Leagues ahead of the tefal stuff I ditched for these and have lasted much better. I've recently invested in a new Wok and a cast iron casserole dish from them as well and although I don't have the experience of seeing how well those two wear, on the initial uses they seem just as good as the pans I've now had a few years. I've also had some knives from them as well and they have been great.

Soldato

I don't like non-metallic handles as I often put the pans in the oven. It's not like the metal handles get hot on an induction hob.

I have a Siemans hob and it came with a set of pans made in Germany- as you said you can't buy sets.
I did read a review and a woman had a set and bought a single pan and said it wasn't the same as the set pans although identical to look at.
We have had Meyer Circulon Infinity pans for 10 yrs and they are now so heavy to use but the SS that came with the hob are lighter and work better on the hob as they heat up much quicker.
One thing I do is get a sheet of 600 grit wet and dry sand paper taped to a chopping board and clean the bases up regular - a lot less scratches on the hob.

Soldato
We got a Circulon Premier set a couple of years ago and have been very pleased with them. If you have, or can get, a Costco membership they're very well priced there. (From memory, about £180 for a set which was £250 elsewhere.)

Soldato
Pro-cook elite following earlier discussion here,
if you have an induction with singular coils foir each plate, versus multiple coils; an iron or steel pan won't distribute the heat as well

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
yes I'm not into non-stick, - other than frying pans + large circulon stock-pot(stews/curries/meat sauces),
due to concerns on using whisk+implements and occasional burned pan (where can just use oven cleaner);
for frying, always skimp on the oil, its's a tablespoon, not shallow, I'd be sceptical without non-stick.

Associate
Another shout out for Circulon here. Had my current set for 3 years and they still look virtually brand new. Really good quality and they normally have some decent deals going on.

Associate
ProCook anodized here. Medium and large saucepan and lids. Also a 24" Casserole/sauté pan which is great multi/purpose.
For non-stick abuse, Tefal Expertise frying pan.

Permabanned
Dexam Supreme.

They are pretty expensive, but they are superb and should last a lifetime. I can vouch for the fact that the handles do not get hot.

Back
Top Bottom