Sony Xperia 5 II

Soldato
uc

Better deal as its EE

Associate
What code and how many months contract?

vc30, £50 off up front cost.

Buymobiles, EE 24 month £35 a month, 50GB, headphones come with the phone on delivery, no need to claim.

Works out at £840, the phone is £799 to buy! Of course if you've got the money to pay up front you can get it from o2 and pay the £677 they want for it up front and cancel the airtime agreement straight away (or after you've waited for the headphones you'll have to redeem which you don't have to do with buymobiles). But even if you want to do it this way you'll still need a SIM for 24 months so it'll end up costing more anyway!

Associate
That is a really good deal!
I recently had the Xperia 1 II on o2 which I returned mainly due to the initial firmware having a bug with data causing really bad sync and hitching on video calls, which were more necessary at that point...

I was able to live with the much poorer data speeds in my area, a lot of the time below 10Mbps whereas I'll get over 100Mbps on EE, but having the opportunity to pick the better network (for me) I'm happy to pay a bit more than an o2 deal, though still crazy for the price!

What deal have you gone for? :)

Soldato
Arghh so tempted to pull the trigger! Was holding off in the hope of a black Friday deal on a oneplus 8t

The only thing stopping me right now is the 18w fast charge with this phone

Associate
It'll charge at up to 21W with a more powerful charger.
BUT! If the phone is charging slower you'll likely end up with the battery lasting longer over the life of the phone as it won't get as hot while charging.

The phone can also limit how full the battery charges, and can delay charging so it doesn't sit full all night while you're sleeping.

Soldato
That is a really good deal!
I recently had the Xperia 1 II on o2 which I returned mainly due to the initial firmware having a bug with data causing really bad sync and hitching on video calls, which were more necessary at that point...

I was able to live with the much poorer data speeds in my area, a lot of the time below 10Mbps whereas I'll get over 100Mbps on EE, but having the opportunity to pick the better network (for me) I'm happy to pay a bit more than an o2 deal, though still crazy for the price!

What deal have you gone for? :)

Sounds good. I have a OnePlus 8 Pro so not time to I ok grade for a little while. Mrs will be ready in a few months, this would have been ideal for her!

And 18w charging is fine tbh, just put your phone down once in a little while for your mental wellbeing ha.

Associate
Just went for a similar deal from affordablemobiles.co.uk (same company as buymobiles.net) O2, 40GB of data, £26pm, £149 up front, total cost of £773 which seems to be the cheapest so far!

Phone will be for my girlfriend, but I'm excited to see it and have a play around. Haven't had a Sony phone since my Z5 compact.

Soldato
Took the plunge at £30 per month with £79 upfront. Works out the same rrp of the phone with headphones thrown in too! Cant imagine too many blackfriday deals will better it

Associate
I'd have gone for that deal if data speeds were better around here on o2! Cracking deal!
Such a good deal in fact that I could always get another SIM for the second slot on another network to fill in the holes of my primary network!
It'd still be cheaper than getting the phone directly from the network!

What case and screen protector you all going for? :D

Back
Top Bottom