Looks Like I’ll Finally Have Run Windows 10...

Soldato
Just had my first experience of my PC not meeting the minimum system specs of a game due to still running Windows 7.

Which has been hugely annoying as I was really looking forward to playing Partisans 1941 as it looked like a modern version of Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 which I hugely enjoyed back in the day.

I guess I’m installing the 1TB SSD that’s been sat in my PC Parts Box for the last 2 years and throwing Win 10 on it the next time I have couple of rainy days...

Associate
An impressive amount of time to hold out, but it's time to get with the times, luddite!

Windows 10 is fine it won't bite, I loved Windows 7 too but upgraded to 10 as soon as it was free. A great OS for work or gaming for my usage.

Soldato
There's literally zero reasons to still be running Windows 7 these days.

Sure there are issues with W10 and some of the updates, something I have never come across on any of my many systems though!

Soldato
OP
Pesky young ‘uns and their new OS versions!

Honestly, I was all geared up to make the switch 2 years ago, but moving country/setting up a new business put it to the bottom of my to-do list.

I have used 10 as the business PC runs it, so it won’t be the swearing fest it would have been 2 years ago.

Caporegime
Are we destined to have Windows 10 for ever now without any major UI changes? It's one thing I always looked forward to with each new version, having fancier looking desktops. Windows 7 is still king with its Aero look, I really hate this flat, boring Windows 10 default.

Soldato
Just had my first experience of my PC not meeting the minimum system specs of a game due to still running Windows 7.

Which has been hugely annoying as I was really looking forward to playing Partisans 1941 as it looked like a modern version of Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 which I hugely enjoyed back in the day.

I guess I’m installing the 1TB SSD that’s been sat in my PC Parts Box for the last 2 years and throwing Win 10 on it the next time I have couple of rainy days...

You could always go window 8.1 and use classic shell or start 8 to make it look like win 7.

Soldato
Are we destined to have Windows 10 for ever now without any major UI changes? It's one thing I always looked forward to with each new version, having fancier looking desktops. Windows 7 is still king with its Aero look, I really hate this flat, boring Windows 10 default.

MS are taking the Apple approach so it is incremental upgrades

Soldato

Windows 10 is (currently) getting two major releases every year so there is no reason why new features like an updated interface couldn't appear in one of them.

Man of Honour

I suspect it’ll become like iOS with constant revolutionary upgrades for free rather than periodic revolutions at a cost. Windows 10 has been great for ages now.

Back
Top Bottom