Google Pixel 5

Soldato
Associate
Checked mine and it's all fine. Hopefully this is just it getting blown out of proportion on xda but we will see I guess.

Battery is ridiculous on this phone, I watched a load of YouTube this morning and am sitting at 87% with 2hrs 3 mins of screen on time. Never had a phone with such a good battery!

Yep. There's a slight gap on mine but it seems uniform all the way around?

Associate
Just been on to the Google support line regarding the proxy sensor issues. They just ordered me a new replacement phone and want me to send mine back after it arrives. Fun fun!

Associate
I don't think it's a lottery. Sounds like a few people have an issue. Highly unlikely to get a repeat. I guess if you did you just return that day.

There's quite a few that have the same issue, people that handn't realised there was a gap until they looked closely. Google are telling people different things too which doesn't help. I was told.kt was a defect, someone else was told it's damage?

The lottery I was referring to was the OLED Lottery. Google's OLED panels always seem to be meh?

Soldato
There's quite a few that have the same issue, people that handn't realised there was a gap until they looked closely. Google are telling people different things too which doesn't help. I was told.kt was a defect, someone else was told it's damage?

The lottery I was referring to was the OLED Lottery. Google's OLED panels always seem to be meh?

i think if it was super common we would have more in this thread. and the screen lottery is not a thing since pixel 2. unless i missed something.

Associate
i think if it was super common we would have more in this thread. and the screen lottery is not a thing since pixel 2. unless i missed something.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-5/help/assembly-problem-gap-screen-case-t4177669

Screen lottery is still very much a thing

https://imgur.com/a/XwtzL0S
XwtzL0S

Soldato

I disagree on both. 2 people in that xda thread and one in here. If it was more common we would see and hear a lot more.

As for the screen. Just a single imagine ? Looks like the one on the right is just duff. This is pretty standard across anything electical. But hey that's why we have returns and refunds. If not happy just get your money back then you don't need to worry. You have 14 days.

Associate
I disagree on both. 2 people in that xda thread and one in here. If it was more common we would see and hear a lot more.

As for the screen. Just a single imagine ? Looks like the one on the right is just duff. This is pretty standard across anything electical. But hey that's why we have returns and refunds. If not happy just get your money back then you don't need to worry. You have 14 days.

Ok

Soldato
Whilst the Pixel 5 scored great in my battery test (only two phones have ever scored better) I wasn't getting all that great life in general use, so I've factor reset (initially I connected it to my Pixel 4 and let it copy data over)

Soldato
Whilst the Pixel 5 scored great in my battery test (only two phones have ever scored better) I wasn't getting all that great life in general use, so I've factor reset (initially I connected it to my Pixel 4 and let it copy data over)

Does it not just take a week or two to settle both in battery terms and Google's battery optimisation ?

Back
Top Bottom