*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
For those who have built their own desk, where did you get the table top from? I've got my pc sat in a weird alcove thing in my house (Gap between chimney breast and a door) which is around 1.55m wide and I currently have an Ikea Malm desk in there but it's not sturdy enough to fit desk mounted VESA mounts.

I've been looking on the net and there's quite a few places where I can get a solid wood countertop from that's cut to size but would just like to hear any recommendations before I look at buying

Associate
Did some upgrades over the last few months.

Wrapped my desk
From Fractal Design Define S to Raijintek Thetis
New Edifier speakers
New 34" curved monitor
New KB and mouse

Before:

lDWXLj9.jpg

After:

WoipA5H.jpg

wEk6wdD.jpg

Soldato
For those who have built their own desk, where did you get the table top from? I've got my pc sat in a weird alcove thing in my house (Gap between chimney breast and a door) which is around 1.55m wide and I currently have an Ikea Malm desk in there but it's not sturdy enough to fit desk mounted VESA mounts.

I've been looking on the net and there's quite a few places where I can get a solid wood countertop from that's cut to size but would just like to hear any recommendations before I look at buying

https://www.worktop-express.co.uk/ custom cut and finished. I think a few here have used them and also ikea get decent recommendations. The key is to get a product marketed as a kitchen counter top rather than a desk if you want bespoke sizing.

Associate
Anyone got the GlasHolm/Alex from ikea? Wondering how sturdy it is? being a glass top I would imagine it would be strong enough to put my pc on it?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi, does any of you have any suggestions regarding wall mounted display cabinets (with sliding glass preferably to stop dust setting in)? I have some graphics cards in my loft and would like to display them in my room to fill an empty wall. Your own images would be appreciated as I am looking for ideas. Cheers.

Man of Honour
Had the back third of my garage converted in to an office and finally feel a bit more settled now it’s got most of my stuff in there. Still got some cable tidying to do and a couple more things for the wall, but it’s mostly there

yX4pEe1.jpg
ZI7VQJ1.jpg
X9ZRt8u.jpg

EDIT - No idea what Imgur has done to the image quality there!!

Soldato
just playing around with best monitor layout
current testing this arrangement
3x gsync monitors
4K 27" ASUS PG2748AQ? - LG 48CX - Acer 27" 1080P 240hz
(Macbook Pro is for WFH) which is also connected to all 3 :)
faqAWVf.jpg

Associate
just playing around with best monitor layout
current testing this arrangement
3x gsync monitors
4K 27" ASUS PG2748AQ? - LG 48CX - Acer 27" 1080P 240hz
(Macbook Pro is for WFH) which is also connected to all 3 :)
faqAWVf.jpg

brilliant setup bud.
Have 2 monitors on my desk and want a upgrade for my incoming 3080 and ps5 and I was really going to get the LG 48inch around November to see if it goes down in price but really undecided with 2 problems I think I might have:
1. I will be playing probably Fifa a lot via ps5 so screen burn is very possible with static logos with fifa.
2. My seating area is probably like yours and I’m wondering if it’s too close from seat to tv.

Is the hot air coming from back of pc flowing out ok ?
As that placement would be perfect for my case.

Soldato
brilliant setup bud.
Have 2 monitors on my desk and want a upgrade for my incoming 3080 and ps5 and I was really going to get the LG 48inch around November to see if it goes down in price but really undecided with 2 problems I think I might have:
1. I will be playing probably Fifa a lot via ps5 so screen burn is very possible with static logos with fifa.
2. My seating area is probably like yours and I’m wondering if it’s too close from seat to tv.

Is the hot air coming from back of pc flowing out ok ?
As that placement would be perfect for my case.
all mine comes out of the top but yes its fine. 2950x is 43C 1080TI 60c-75C

Burn in wise, i played 3 weeks of WoW 18 hours a day on the weekend without issue & when im working i have lot of static images and had 0 issues.

you would think even RDR2, And overwatch also would have the issues you describe but nope all good, THey have pixel correction anyway so pixels shift every so often if its to static :)

Associate
Did some upgrades over the last few months.

Wrapped my desk
From Fractal Design Define S to Raijintek Thetis
New Edifier speakers
New 34" curved monitor
New KB and mouse

[Snip]

The desk wrap makes all the difference! Where did you get yours from, if you don't mind me asking?

I've wrapped my desk as a test using some white vinyl from Grafityp just to get rid of the 'orangey' office desk look but I think it's a bit on the thin side and not too durable, possibly under 120 microns.

Associate
The desk wrap makes all the difference! Where did you get yours from, if you don't mind me asking?

I've wrapped my desk as a test using some white vinyl from Grafityp just to get rid of the 'orangey' office desk look but I think it's a bit on the thin side and not too durable, possibly under 120 microns.

I got it from Vinyl Warehouse; more specifically the d c fix brand. It's okay - going around edges is difficult and looking at Youtube videos the 3M wraps look to be of superior quality but I'm happy for now!

Associate
Some wonderful setups on here...tidy and colourful

Not great photos and I need to empty my bin!

The small secondary desk has some retro tech still working and being used today - a black OcUK Tornado Globalwin 802 PC case with an NEC Multisync 1760NX LCD monitor all from ~2002 (my very first PC).

Back
Top Bottom