pc wifi.

Permabanned
What the best all rounder option for a pc wifi network card (pcie).

My broth got a cheap card when building his pc, and my pc uses cable. when downloading games i get about 12 to 15mb/s he will see speeds or 1 to 1.5mb/s

Without destroying his bank, there as to be a better option than running 50m of cable
he's only 6m away from the hub but in a different room

Soldato
6m from hub but needs 50m of cable. One of those numbers is wrong.

Better than cable, no. Easier maybe. I went the whole mesh WiFi route, biggest mistake I ever made only now for the whole house using cable where possible and it's so much better.

Associate
Using the Tenda Nova Mesh (3 units) for over 2 years, no issues. Now even cheaper than the £99 I paid at the time.
Few points for going down to mesh was, after whole flooring underlay installed (foil layer), impossible to connect at the 3rd floor, poorly at the 2nd floor. Sorted, plus my PC, which I never liked WiFi, can connect via cable, as one of the units is at my desk.

Permabanned
OP
6m from hub but needs 50m of cable. One of those numbers is wrong.

Better than cable, no. Easier maybe. I went the whole mesh WiFi route, biggest mistake I ever made only now for the whole house using cable where possible and it's so much better.

If you could go cable we would. It would have to go up into the loft over to his room back down then under the floor a little. Woild be about 25/30m

All we want is to boots download speeds.
His last motherboard had WiFi on-board and would hit good speeds.

Back
Top Bottom