• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.4%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
So this external ssd lark seems contingent on USB 3.2 ports. I'm not seeing any clarity on whether the USB ports on the PS5 support this?!

e: oh may be it does!

A reasonably decent SATA SSD in a cheap USB caddy should do the job fine, given what it'll be used for. That said, it'll be worth waiting for the inevitable Digital Foundry test to see what results they get, they've already done an Xbox Series X test.

Soldato
Lot of rumours going around that we might not see Bethesda games on anything other than Microsoft platforms. If that's true the PS5 is an instant no for me, couldn't deal with no Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

Caporegime
My TV (Q85R) has a VRR range of 48-120Hz. Am I right in thinking that anything running at 30fps will not be variable, therefore I will notice stuttering when I get dropped frames, whereas anything running at 60FPS will be within the range and run much smoother?

Associate
My TV (Q85R) has a VRR range of 48-120Hz. Am I right in thinking that anything running at 30fps will not be variable, therefore I will notice stuttering when I get dropped frames, whereas anything running at 60FPS will be within the range and run much smoother?
That VRR only applies to 1080/1440p and not 4K same as my TV (ru8000). At 4k we get 48-60.
PS5 doesn't support the freesync these TVs use only HDMI 2.1 VRR. Doesn't bother me as most console games are locked 30fps or 60fps with vsync and don't have tearing/stutter like PC games would have without VRR.

Soldato
Whether you like them or not, it's a massive loss for Sony if these games end up MS exclusives. Can you imagine how fast new engine, 4k hdr Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are going to fly off the shelves?

Soldato
Whether you like them or not, it's a massive loss for Sony if these games end up MS exclusives. Can you imagine how fast new engine, 4k hdr Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are going to fly off the shelves?

They are not flying off the shelves as most will use gamepass. I would rather have the Exclusive Sony games than any Bethesda game released this last gen.

Soldato
Imagine a new film came out and you couldn't watch it unless you had a Sony Blu-ray player?

Like the old betamax VHS days...

These exclusives are bad for us as consumers whichever side you're on.

V F

V F

Soldato
They are not flying off the shelves as most will use gamepass. I would rather have the Exclusive Sony games than any Bethesda game released this last gen.

I cannot remember the last time I bought a Bethesda game. They've got a bad reputation for a reason. The only time I bought them was when they were on greatly reduced sales.

Caporegime
I'm rooting for them, Zenimax Studios have been the best bunch for me this gen. What with The Evil Within 1+2, Dishonored 2+Death of the Outsider, Prey, Doom+Doom Eternal, Skyrim, Wolfenstein The New Order+Old Blood+II. Every one of them I've thoroughly enjoyed (apart from Doom Eternal which I've not got yet).

Back
Top Bottom