• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I wonder if Microsoft will give the GPU a slight bump up in clockspeed similar to the xbone? even after a while once plenty are out in the wild and having their performance/temps monitored?

Soldato
I wonder if Microsoft will give the GPU a slight bump up in clockspeed similar to the xbone? even after a while once plenty are out in the wild and having their performance/temps monitored?

I doubt it, honestly the performance gain would be minimal and may cause issues to idiots covering the exhaust

Soldato
How do you know or can find out that games will be on game pass for a while? Starting games then having them leave game pass could be really annoying

First party will stay forever as has been stated but if you have the Xbox app you get notifications when games are scheduled to leave.

Usually seems to be couple of weeks before so you have a fair bit of time to finish up. Or alternatively you can purchase and get a decent discount.

Man of Honour
What happens with existing Game Pass if you add in an Xbox Live code? Doesn't that extend as well?

Edit: Nevermind, found out online that this also converts to four months. My Game Pass expires on November 10th and I'm trying to figure out how to get the best deal to resubscribe!

Let it expire, then load up 3 years or XBL from Brazil and convert to game pass by buying a month of ultimate.

Caporegime
Is there anywhere that hasn't done preorders yet? Think I'll have any chance of getting a Series X by launch now?

You might, but you are going to have to keep your ears close to the ground and be very quick if any allocation comes up anywhere. I imagine any more stock for release day will be a rare find at this stage.

I ordered within 10 minutes of the first batch going live on the MS store on the first pre order day, and even im not 100% convinced i will get one on release :p

Soldato
Is there anywhere that hasn't done preorders yet? Think I'll have any chance of getting a Series X by launch now?

I may be wrong but I think there was a lovely chap on here that bought up about 8 on the morning that pre-orders went live, all to raise money for charity. A real stand up fellow. Perhaps you could get the details of the prize draws and maybe get lucky?

I'd tell you his name but I can't be bothered to go through my block list to find it.

PS. good luck, hope you find somewhere :)

Man of Honour
I may be wrong but I think there was a lovely chap on here that bought up about 8 on the morning that pre-orders went live, all to raise money for charity. A real stand up fellow. Perhaps you could get the details of the prize draws and maybe get lucky?

I'd tell you his name but I can't be bothered to go through my block list to find it.

PS. good luck, hope you find somewhere :)

Haha :p - I always think the same when someone asks.

Soldato
No promises but I will have either an X or a PS5 available depending which I decide to keep. I was just going to cancel one but seeing how many people seem to have missed out i thought I'd sell the other on here for RRP + postage.
Obviously would have to be through MM but I may nudge someone before I list it if they are struggling. I wonder if it might be prudent to have a pre order wait list thread for people who can't get one but they'd have to remember to update if they do manage. Just thinking out loud, not sure how practical that is

Soldato
Series S stock in the wild

122032401-145927413911996-5291540842296428234-n.jpg

Soldato
That black grille on the S looks worse every time I see it, not sure why they didn't just make it entirely white. Hardly a big deal (even less for me since I'll be going X) but always surprising how such bad design decisions get made in large companies.

Soldato
That black grille on the S looks worse every time I see it, not sure why they didn't just make it entirely white. Hardly a big deal (even less for me since I'll be going X) but always surprising how such bad design decisions get made in large companies.

I love it, great design

Caporegime
I love it, great design
Same here think it looks pretty cool, shame that they couldn’t do something similar with the series x but I suppose the top has that green effect.

Still hoping that launch day I can walk into either a game or Smyths store and nab myself a series x on the all access monthly option. But I’m guessing that will be a very slim to none chance.

Soldato
Same here think it looks pretty cool, shame that they couldn’t do something similar with the series x but I suppose the top has that green effect.

Still hoping that launch day I can walk into either a game or Smyths store and nab myself a series x on the all access monthly option. But I’m guessing that will be a very slim to none chance.

You should be able to preorder with all access if they become available again, I'm with all access but the upgrade because I took it out last December. It let me bypass the out of stock message with Game.

Caporegime
You should be able to preorder with all access if they become available again, I'm with all access but the upgrade because I took it out last December. It let me bypass the out of stock message with Game.
Yeh that I know, people who already were on the plan could get on the new one. It’s just the new applicants on launch day couldn’t get on or if they did they were extremely lucky.
Fingers crossed I can nab one otherwise it will be a case of waiting for a while longer.

Still annoys me to this day just what a crap launch it was. Compared to how Apple did their pre order just recently for the new iPhone 12. I pre ordered one but because all the initial stock was nabbed, I still managed to get one but I won’t have till early Nov which is perfectly fine with me because I no longer have to wait to see when stock comes in for me to order.
But Microsoft really screwed the pre orders for the series x. I’d be happy if I can get one and they said look you won’t get it launch day but a few weeks later, I’d be happy with that. But right now god knows when I’ll be able to nab one and I really don’t fancy having to travel to my local game or Smyths store every other day as it’s tiring and 2 there isn’t any guarantee they have any available to order.

Back
Top Bottom