£5,800 repair bill from thrifty

Soldato
So if all the damage was caused by the previous renter they have just admitted leasing you an unroadworthy vehicle?

I'd be flipping this on it's head now & complaining.

Associate
So if all the damage was caused by the previous renter they have just admitted leasing you an unroadworthy vehicle?

I'd be flipping this on it's head now & complaining.
nah, they realise this particular claim isn't going to go anywhere and have made it go away.

Soldato
nah, they realise this particular claim isn't going to go anywhere and have made it go away.

Yeah, it's gone away by them now saying that the damage was already there when the OP leased it, but that means it wasn't roadworthy as their engineer has already reported & sent confirmation to the OP of.

Why did they lease an unroadworthy vehicle to the OP?

I'd be chasing that one.

Soldato
Yeah, it's gone away by them now saying that the damage was already there when the OP leased it, but that means it wasn't roadworthy as their engineer has already reported & sent confirmation to the OP of.

Why did they lease an unroadworthy vehicle to the OP?

I'd be chasing that one.

Is it worth it?

Anyone with any sense there will just reply 'yeah sorry by previous we meant previous to the report but not previous to you, sorry for the confusing language, vehicle was roadworthy when given to you'

Soldato
Is it worth it?

Anyone with any sense there will just reply 'yeah sorry by previous we meant previous to the report but not previous to you, sorry for the confusing language, vehicle was roadworthy when given to you'

Considering it takes all of 4 minutes to write an e-mail then yeah.

Soldato
Give the bill to the idiot who caused the damage and tell him to sort it out. 'Cracked sump' lol, what did he do, take it off roading or something.
He has been made redundant.
Update -

After I told them this they said they would review it all and hey presto 2 weeks later they came back to me and told me they made a mistake and all the damage was caused by a previous person who had rented it. In the end they credited us the whole amount.
So someone has been made redundant and it wasn't them that caused the damage ??????

Soldato
So someone has been made redundant and it wasn't them that caused the damage ??????
You don't make people redundant, you make jobs redundant. And I don't think Bounce was implying that his job was made redundant because of the damage to the car, but that the car was back with Thrifty because the person who had it was no longer with the business.

Back
Top Bottom