Sony Xperia 5 II

Associate
I have bit the bullet as been looking for a while for a Dual sim P20 pro replacement. I ended up with O2 £30 PM and £79.99 down deal

Is anyone else moving from the P20 Pro?

Soldato
Deals are exceptionally good for this, almost tempted to cancel my Three contract early and use my current phone to offset the cost.

Assume they got the fingerprint reader right this time as it was really bad on Xperia 1?

Associate
Fingerprint scanner is much better on the new ones, 1 II worked fine for me, unlocked every time.

Didn't have any issues with colour output on the 1 II. I imagine the 5 II would be similar. Loads of display options to tweak to your satisfaction too.

Soldato
Yes.... Same for me.

Just rang them as conscious of the port as Vodafone called this morning offering me all kinds of deals to stay. Said they've arrived in the warehouse today and should be shipped later if not tomorrow

Any of you gents redeeming the headphones? Submitted my claim, just playing the waiting game now.

Not yet but the website seemed to suggest get shipped with phone? What did you have to do to claim?

Associate
Just seen the P30 Pro New Edition is dual sim and is available for £89 and then £26 a month on 02. I'm in mixed minds to switch the handset as I love the P20 pro camera.... Arrggh...

Associate
Just rang them as conscious of the port as Vodafone called this morning offering me all kinds of deals to stay. Said they've arrived in the warehouse today and should be shipped later if not tomorrow

Not yet but the website seemed to suggest get shipped with phone? What did you have to do to claim?

Depends where you get it from, I had to redeem mine as it was through voda, but others are doing a direct bundle, such as amazon.

Associate
Just got the phone. Big difference compared to my gen1 pixel. Gonna take a while to get used to.

Tidal, LinkedIn, Facebook are the apps that I found that cannot be uninstalled so far

Associate
You can still get the phone through topcashback on carphone warehouse. They're offering £100 if you go through them.

Vodafone 54GB, £180 up front then £30 a month. Total £900 then minus the £100. Plus you still have a chance at the headphones.

Basically you get a 54GB contract for nothing as the handset is £800 on it's own.

Associate
Just got the phone. Big difference compared to my gen1 pixel. Gonna take a while to get used to.

Tidal, LinkedIn, Facebook are the apps that I found that cannot be uninstalled so far

If you use nova launcher you can sub categorise apps to be in a separate tab / folder so they no longer appear in the app drawer.

Back
Top Bottom