Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Man of Honour
I'm picking up both, I'll play AC Valhalla when I'm in the mood for some action-ey RPG fun and Cyberpunk when I'm in the mood for some more cerebral story based RPG fun :)

Man of Honour
Idk... The setting is different but origins and odyssey where near exact copies just in a different setting

I expect it will be quite similar, although they have said theres less "going to ? on the map, one by one" style of gameplay but ultimately I imagine it will play much the same, I guess you'd sort of expect that though, I mean most sequels tend to play much the same as their prequels. Like the Bioshock games, or the Borderlands games, or the Diablo games or GTA games or the Tomb Raider series and so on. The aesthetics change but the general gameplay remains mostly the same.

Valhalla completes this trilogy of the AC "reboot", so I would imagine if there are to be any alterations to the gameplay, it will come in the next AC title using the possibilities opened by the new game engine that it will be using.

Soldato
I hope it's not too dissimilar from Odyssey. I bloody loved how well the combat flowed in that game. From dagger, to sword to bow on multiple enemies, was a blast.

Soldato
So I finally pulled the trigger and preordered the ultimate edition.

I have a 3080 on order....hopefully and very hopefully I get it before release , otherwise I will have to see how my 1080ti performs at 3440 1440.

Soldato
The most interesting thing to me is that this basically confirms that the next AC is at the earliest a 2022 release. Guess they have switched entirely to at least a 2 year minimum interval between the iterations, which is fine by me.

Man of Honour
I like the 2 year interval, I think it works really well. Good to see one expansion including Ireland and the next including France. I preordered the Gold Edition so got them covered anyway

Associate
I usually buy games outright, but not sure if this time I should get UPlay+ for a couple of months (£25) so I can just alternate between Valhalla and WatchDogs:Legion and complete both instead of paying over £100 for both, it save your progress if you come back to it down the line as far as I understand. I don't think Watchdogs is going to be that great anyway.

Man of Honour
I've already preordered Valhalla Gold edition but like you I'm not 100% sure on Watch Dogs, so I might pick up 1 month of uplay to try out watchdogs

Back
Top Bottom