**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Manually flashed OneUI 2.5 on my S10e the other day.

Few cool additions, gestures finally work with third party launchers, to some extent. Still a few glitches but seems to work best with Nova.

Soldato
No One UI 2.5 update for the G9700 yet, in fact no September update at all. They'll probably bundle it in an October update.

Funnily enough, I have a firmware version for the G9700 on my PC that I think is newer than the current "latest" version but no longer available. I guess it was recalled for some reason.

Really pleased with the battery life and temperature of this device. Can't say I've tested the Snapdragon's GPU prowess though. :D

Soldato
As much as I like my S10e, the battery life has been jarring which made me itch for that upgrade for some time and looks like I've finally replaced it with......an S10+ :D

Took delivery this morning from a big seller on eBay in B grade condition and honestly, could pass for brand new, apart from coming in a plain white box. Cost wise, after trading the S10e to MusicMagpie, I'm paying very little and in fact under a £1 if all cashbacks go through.

Only issue I found so far is that the device actually appears to be French, which in itself isn't a problem but it's still on July update so probably not the best firmware for that.

Never flashed firmware on a phone and pretty sure I've asked before, but if I do it with official one from Sammobile, it won't trip Knox? Also imagine being an unlocked device there is no issue with me installing UK BTU firmware?

Soldato
As much as I like my S10e, the battery life has been jarring which made me itch for that upgrade for some time and looks like I've finally replaced it with......an S10+ :D

Took delivery this morning from a big seller on eBay in B grade condition and honestly, could pass for brand new, apart from coming in a plain white box. Cost wise, after trading the S10e to MusicMagpie, I'm paying very little and in fact under a £1 if all cashbacks go through.

Only issue I found so far is that the device actually appears to be French, which in itself isn't a problem but it's still on July update so probably not the best firmware for that.

Never flashed firmware on a phone and pretty sure I've asked before, but if I do it with official one from Sammobile, it won't trip Knox? Also imagine being an unlocked device there is no issue with me installing UK BTU firmware?

Correct. Official firmware won't trip knox and btu should work fine. Its been a while since I've done this but the facts should still stand.

Is odin still the way to flash?

Soldato
Sounds good and thanks chaps, wish me luck tomorrow :D

EDIT: So digging a little deeper I have the OXM multi country CSC code, simply factory reset the phone again and booted it with my Three sim and voila, adjusted itself to UK and September update available right away so no need to mess around with flashing firmware.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not shabby, they really have stepped up their software game over last year.

Got to say that I'm enjoying the move from S10e to S10+, with extra year of updates I may even consider keeping it for longer than next summer. Refreshing to have a phone that can last me a day now.

There are the usual caveats of going to a bigger phone but overall happy with the experience. Only thing to note is that fingerprint scanner is slower which is expected, but perfectly usable and does also work better when my hands are wet. Which is handy on my runs, hikes, when doing the dishes, etc.

Soldato
Is the S10+'s fingerprint sensor optical or sonic? My wife's Mate 20 Pro has an optical sensor and it doesn't work at night time, which was really annoying for nighttime baby feeds so in the end she had to turn off unlocking altogether.

Soldato
Is the S10+'s fingerprint sensor optical or sonic? My wife's Mate 20 Pro has an optical sensor and it doesn't work at night time, which was really annoying for nighttime baby feeds so in the end she had to turn off unlocking altogether.
The S10 and S10+ use the ultrasonic sensor I believe, i have an S10+ and it doesn't light up the screen/finger area at all when trying to unlock.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

Part of Good Lock, Keys Cafe allows you to basically build your own keyboard how you want through Samsung Keyboard. Only works on OneUI 2.5+ though but it so far is pretty cool. Undecided on if I want to switch from Gboard yet though.

Soldato
Damn. My S10 locked up today whilst FB video calling. First time it's crashed since getting it a year ago.

I did just update to the latest September update so possibly related (is this the first UI 2.5 update?)

Soldato
One UI 2.5 is very disappointing. Not only do I not care about any of the new features, but it broke the front and wide angle cameras in GCam, reducing functionality I had previously.

Back
Top Bottom