Even more Watercooling questions fans etc

Associate
Hello!

I have been watercooling my CPU now for about a year using this kit

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...watercooling-kit-3831109863268-wc-896-ek.html

Now I am moving it all into a new case and adding a waterblock and another rad for my 3080 I have recently got. My current 3 rad fans and pump are connected to the CPU headers (as the instructions said to) I have an ASUS Maximus Formula xii Motherboard with a PUMP+ header, I am planning on connecting the pump there but the question I have is would the 6 rad fans be ok plugged into the CPU headers?
I know that will keep CPU temps down but what about GPU? Is it possible to have the second set of fans plugged into the GPU to allow the fans to be controlled as if they were on a stock cooler? Or wont it make any difference?

I have also recently bought a inline temp sensor (made by Phobya) where would be the best place for this and would it even help?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for questions that may be rather stupid!

Soldato
If you can get the necessary parts you can add a fan adaptor to the GPU PCB. The question is how much power that header provides because you don't want to overload it with e.g. 3 radiator fans and blow the board. Some motherboards allow their own fan headers to vary power according to non-mobo components but although that mobo has all sorts of useful sensors including water flow and water temperature it doesn't appear that you can use either of those to control the fan speeds (which is stupid!).

Associate
OP
If you can get the necessary parts you can add a fan adaptor to the GPU PCB. The question is how much power that header provides because you don't want to overload it with e.g. 3 radiator fans and blow the board. Some motherboards allow their own fan headers to vary power according to non-mobo components but although that mobo has all sorts of useful sensors including water flow and water temperature it doesn't appear that you can use either of those to control the fan speeds (which is stupid!).

Thanks.. I have ordered a cable to go from my GPU to the fans I'm not sure what the power output on the GPU is though..

It's a 3080 TUF OC but I can't find any numbers for the Fan header on it annoyingly... It obviously has 3 fans and I want to connect 3 fans but I know it's not that simple!

The EKWB website states most modern GPU cards have a header output of 2 amps the 3 fans I want to use draw 2.16 watts each... Am I right in saying that 2.16 watts is 0.18 amps? If so I should be all good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom