*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
Caporegime
some of the textures look a bit meh and everything looks kinda plastic with the shine imo
I suspect a lot of people will be disappointed with the graphics hype come release.

does it really look that much better than GTAV ? apart from the lighting and shadows. hopefully the atmosphere and immersion are much more hand crafted though.

GTAv to me always felt like you were playing on the world rather than being part of it if you know what I mean.

still guess we have came a long way since omikron the nomad soul graphics.

Last edited:
Associate
some of the textures look a bit meh and everything looks kinda plastic with the shine imo
I suspect a lot of people will be disappointed with the graphics hype come release.
YouTube compression really doesn't help
Anyways, people are letting the hype get to them in the worst way. If you hype it up to be the next coming of Christ then of course it can only disappoint

I'm hyped in the sense it's been like 8 years since the personal responsibility teaser trailer and I can't wait to finally play, but I have no preconceived notions of what it will or won't be

Caporegime
Looks perfectly good to me.

Heck I still love GTA 5s graphics so even if it isn't any better, I got no issues with that, the world alone looks far more immersive. Always been my pet hate these big open world games like assassins creed orgins/odyssey and witcher 3 etc., sure they look great and all but they just feel so empty.

OLED with HDR definitely going to be the way to play this though given all the dark scenes and neon lighting. Just hope I won't have to reduce settings too much!

Associate
OLED with HDR definitely going to be the way to play this though given all the dark scenes and neon lighting. Just hope I won't have to reduce settings too much!
Honestly at this point I kinda regret my PG43UQ and wish I'd gotten an OLED TV
Like, do I REALLY need 144hz on my armchair gaming display?

Soldato
Anyways, people are letting the hype get to them in the worst way. If you hype it up to be the next coming of Christ then of course it can only disappoint

Absolutely... this game is the pinnacle of FOMO "me first" modern consumerist nonsense...

I saw an article on Eurogamer - "Here's our run down of all the different factions/gangs in the city - what they do, where they are, what you can get from them and which one is the best one to side with"

Wouldn't all of the above be the kind of thing that might be interesting to, you know, find out while playing the game you paid top dollar for?

People have given it the Steam tag "Masterpiece" already, before launch... people are getting tattoos of the logo and other art from the game... And I haven't seen wild speculation like this since the Peter Molyneux Fable days... have seen people saying "I heard that you can literally go inside every single building in the city and they are all populated with unique citizens who have their own daily routines etc." sounds very familiar...

Caporegime
"I heard that you can literally go inside every single building in the city and they are all populated with unique citizens who have their own daily routines etc." sounds very familiar...
remember that time one of those sim city games said the same all citizens have their own routines! like normal people! amazing ai!

what it meant was

worker moves to home > worker goes to nearest available job > worker goes "home" to the nearest available house

we aren't ready for proper AI in video games where the actual people who live in it work, earn money, buy food etc pay rent, maybe get poor turn to crime or have motives similar to the player.

maybe in our life time if we live long enough.

games are still really shallow behind the scenes

Man of Honour
remember that time one of those sim city games said the same all citizens have their own routines! like normal people! amazing ai!

what it meant was

worker moves to home > worker goes to nearest available job > worker goes "home" to the nearest available house

we aren't ready for proper AI in video games where the actual people who live in it work, earn money, buy food etc pay rent, maybe get poor turn to crime or have motives similar to the player.

maybe in our life time if we live long enough.

games are still really shallow behind the scenes

And games that attempt it either end up incredibly buggy or performance is terrible as it crushes even the latest cpus.

Man of Honour

does it really look that much better than GTAV ? apart from the lighting and shadows. hopefully the atmosphere and immersion are much more hand crafted though.

GTAv to me always felt like you were playing on the world rather than being part of it if you know what I mean.

still guess we have came a long way since omikron the nomad soul graphics.

Would have been nice to see Omikron redone with modern controls, etc. there was a great game underneath but a lot of stuff like combat wasn't much fun.

Man of Honour
YouTube compression really doesn't help

I'm hyped in the sense it's been like 8 years since the personal responsibility teaser trailer and I can't wait to finally play, but I have no preconceived notions of what it will or won't be

I've long said that the biggest issue Cyberpunk will face will be overcoming the near messiah like levels of hype that have come with it. Some places and people are already suggesting it will be the greatest game in history without having even played it yet. The bar for the game has been put so high that I can see quite a few folk ending up being disappointed and declaring the game to be pretty average in their opinions.

Caporegime
Honestly at this point I kinda regret my PG43UQ and wish I'd gotten an OLED TV
Like, do I REALLY need 144hz on my armchair gaming display?

Yeah once you go OLED, it is very hard to look at anything non-oled again.

Whilst I only game at 60HZ on my oled, it is still noticeably better than my 144HZ IPS freesync for motion clarity, especially with lower FPS, so OLED on the whole actually looks and feels smoother than my 144HZ gaming monitor, obviously if FPS are fluctuating etc. then the freesync monitor will be better here but I rather have a solid 60 fps than FPS going from 60-100+

Man of Honour
I've long said that the biggest issue Cyberpunk will face will be overcoming the near messiah like levels of hype that have come with it. Some places and people are already suggesting it will be the greatest game in history without having even played it yet. The bar for the game has been put so high that I can see quite a few folk ending up being disappointed and declaring the game to be pretty average in their opinions.

It’ll be the same posters proclaiming it’s a ‘masterpiece’ or who will be posting along the lines of ‘we’ve been lied to, it’s a mess, I won’t be buying from the developer again’. The usual gamer crap.

Soldato

100% it's going to be quite amusing but also rather sad

I'm looking forward to it but other than the original teaser and the Keanu reveal thing at E3 I haven't really read or watched anything much, so my exposure to it is limited to the 1,000 article titles Eurogamer and the like manufacture per hour on every single leak and snippet of information (part of the problem)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm yeah too much information intake would potentially spoil the experience although for me whilst I've watched and read on stuff that I originally was confused about has fuelled further excitement at wanting to get to see them in-game next month. WHilst some do want to go in without knowing and figure it out, I do like knowing a bit about the things involved then unwrapping them when playing :cool:

Associate
I guess there's lots of "hype", but like films, perfumes and coffee machines, games sell on hype. But there's also so much scrutiny of the hype- predictions that people will be disappointed. You could call it meta-hype :D

Personally I don't care how others will receive it, and will get no joy from seeing them delighted or disappointed. It's my own reaction to the game that matters to me, and I am.... excited. Not hyped.

Back
Top Bottom