• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
@GIGA-Man

I just got my card today (shipped yesterday), will I need to send this back for a power connector fix or will this have been fixed already?

Serial number does start with 2038.

Update: It appears to have the shrink wrapped cables which I presume is the updated connectors.

We don't know this

I have the shrinkwrapped connectors and my card was picked up about an hour ago to get the connector changed

If it starts with 2038 then it *could* have the old style connector. It's your decision if you want to get it checked. I decided to get it changed, can wait a few more days

Permabanned
I am really surprised that Gigabyte did this. They should know how critical enthusiasts are. It just seems like a lazy, thoughtless decision.

Soldato
@GIGA-Man

I just got my card today (shipped yesterday), will I need to send this back for a power connector fix or will this have been fixed already?

Serial number does start with 2038.

Update: It appears to have the shrink wrapped cables which I presume is the updated connectors.

Get it changed, that way you don't need to speculate if the connector is bad.

I am really surprised that Gigabyte did this. They should know how critical enthusiasts are. It just seems like a lazy, thoughtless decision.
Manufacturing defects happen all the time, to all brands, not just gigabyte, what separates the bad from the good ones is how they handle the situation, and at least here in UK, they are doing pretty well, an I know now what brands I'll be buying.

Associate
Forgot to ask Giga-Man is this a soldering job(Due to the heatshrink most likely) or did you get updated version of those cable to replace them?
I checked with my dealer here in Germany and they told me because of bad availability it will take weeks to get the card replaced. Playing Ping-Pong now with Gigabyte and Dealer :)
He is doing a teriffic job unfortunately he cannot help outside UK .

No it's a straight cable swap, no solder needed.

Associate
Thanks again Giga-Man! Waiting for German support to reply, i hope as i already removed the cable they simply sent me a new one.
Except for the cable issue my card is running perfect, very happy with it.

Associate
Just wanted to chime in and say I also have the #2038 Vision with zero issues after days of stress gaming. Also, I looked at the connectors and they are almost all perfectly centered. No difficulties plugging in either. https://imgur.com/a/cy6lEFY

I don't think 3080/3090 owners need to panic sending their GPUs back if they have no issues! GIGA Man stated there were are only a limited number of reports.

Associate
Same here with a wk37 Gaming OC..

Think I will still contact Gigabyte Germany once stock is stable and see if they can do a quick fix for peace of mind if I ever have to replug them.

Soldato
Not that I can see no. Haven't taken it out of the case to take a closer look though, too scared while stock is non-existent. :)
If you are in UK you can get the connector replaced,the turnaround is around 4 days, it's not dependent on the stock as gigabyte just changes the connector and sends it back to you. Flick through this thread or go to the original post for the email address to contact. That address is UK only!

Associate
If you are in UK you can get the connector replaced,the turnaround is around 4 days, it's not dependent on the stock as gigabyte just changes the connector and sends it back to you. Flick through this thread or go to the original post for the email address to contact. That address is UK only!
Yea I'm aware thank you, but I live in Germany. :( From what I've heard so far it would either be a long RMA process or they keep bouncing you between your seller and the Gigabyte support, so haven't bothered with either yet.

I wish we had a great contact person like @GIGA-Man here.

Back
Top Bottom