*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
It hasn’t happened yet and they’ve had LastPass for a while now.

They have, however taken the LogMeIn price hilarity for their premium products and increased the cost hugely. But this is probably getting quite off topic for an iOS 14 thread, so all in all use whatever password manager you want :) Except for sticky notes.

Soldato
Evening all

I’ve noticed a tiny orange light above my signal bar, not sure what it means? Read it’s a proximity sensor of some kind?

It’s an XR on the lasted iOS

Should I be worried?

thanks

Soldato
Evening all

I’ve noticed a tiny orange light above my signal bar, not sure what it means? Read it’s a proximity sensor of some kind?

It’s an XR on the lasted iOS

Should I be worried?

thanks
The orange light, found at the top of your screen, is actually a recording indicator. It will light up whenever an app is using your microphone, so if you’re recording a voice note or using Siri.

A green light is a camera indicator, which appears whenever an app is using your front camera, so you’ll see it light up when you’re using Face ID, FaceTime or taking a selfie.

But these lights also mean that users can keep an eye on which apps are using these functions, whereas previously it was more hidden.

Soldato
The orange light, found at the top of your screen, is actually a recording indicator. It will light up whenever an app is using your microphone, so if you’re recording a voice note or using Siri.

A green light is a camera indicator, which appears whenever an app is using your front camera, so you’ll see it light up when you’re using Face ID, FaceTime or taking a selfie.

But these lights also mean that users can keep an eye on which apps are using these functions, whereas previously it was more hidden.
Thanks for this!

I’ve closed all apps abs it’s still?

might have to delete my latest app installs if it doesn’t go out?

thanks for the info

Commissario
I think it means the mic is active, not that it's specifically recording. If you have apps like WhatsApp, Messenger etc then they may be listening unless you've disabled their access in Settings / Privacy / Microphone.

Soldato
I think it means the mic is active, not that it's specifically recording. If you have apps like WhatsApp, Messenger etc then they may be listening unless you've disabled their access in Settings / Privacy / Microphone.
Thanks I went there and disabled everything bar WhatsApp, Teams, Skype Business & Zoom so we’ll see

thanks all! ;)

Soldato
Yesterday I used Carplay for the first time since upgrading to iOS 14 and it wouldn't let me play any of my music. If I went to the music app it told me that I couldn't do it whilst driving, I should go back to the app once I had stopped. Siri was useless too, it kept telling me it couldn't find stuff in Apple Music, it seemingly ignored the 85Gb of MP3 files on the phone. So end result was no music.

I didn't check when I got home if the Music app could see my MP3 files when the car was parked, I assume it could but I'll check later.

Podcasts worked fine, it would let me see my podcasts on the car screen.

I assumed that Carplay gave the same experience irrespective of the car, but I was wrong. I mentioned to my brother that when Im driving I can't dial a phone number unless it's saved as a contact. I can't get the dialpad to display (it says I can't do it whislt driving) nor can I dictate a telephone number and get Siri to dial it. He said that the dialpad is available for him when he's driving.

Can anyone else comment on if they can browse locally stored music and get the dialpad to open whilst driving?

Associate
How are peoples batteries holding up, since update mine runs out at around 6pm whereas before it would last from a full charge at breakfast till the next full charge at breakfast without going into low battery mode which now happens to go into everyday ?

Associate
Yesterday I used Carplay for the first time since upgrading to iOS 14 and it wouldn't let me play any of my music. If I went to the music app it told me that I couldn't do it whilst driving, I should go back to the app once I had stopped. Siri was useless too, it kept telling me it couldn't find stuff in Apple Music, it seemingly ignored the 85Gb of MP3 files on the phone. So end result was no music.

I didn't check when I got home if the Music app could see my MP3 files when the car was parked, I assume it could but I'll check later.

Podcasts worked fine, it would let me see my podcasts on the car screen.

I assumed that Carplay gave the same experience irrespective of the car, but I was wrong. I mentioned to my brother that when Im driving I can't dial a phone number unless it's saved as a contact. I can't get the dialpad to display (it says I can't do it whislt driving) nor can I dictate a telephone number and get Siri to dial it. He said that the dialpad is available for him when he's driving.

Can anyone else comment on if they can browse locally stored music and get the dialpad to open whilst driving?

Go to settings/do not disturb & make sure do not disturb while driving is set to Activate Bluetooth, had the same problem as well.

Cheers all

Associate
How are peoples batteries holding up, since update mine runs out at around 6pm whereas before it would last from a full charge at breakfast till these next full charge at breakfast without going into low battery mode which now happens to go into everyday ?
Well had to do a full reset last night as the phone was getting really hot so fingers crossed we will se what it’s like today

Soldato
I’ve had to reassure numerous friends and acquaintances that their WiFi networks will NOT be full of Nigerian princes running 419 scams or nonces torrenting CP thanks to iOS 14.0.1 telling them that they have “Weak Security”.

I hope that whichever Cupertino iSerf thought this up drops their $12 avocado toast on the floor of Cafe Macs tomorrow.

Soldato
I've been on IOS14 since it was released and it's been fine but over the last few days my battery has taken a nose dive (11 pro). I used to go to bed with 70%+ remaining now it's normally under 20%. The only thing I can think of I've installed is auto sleep. Does anyone have battery issues with this? It's not really showing up in the battery stats so I'm not sure it's that. I guess I'll have to uninstall and see.

Associate
I've been on IOS14 since it was released and it's been fine but over the last few days my battery has taken a nose dive (11 pro). I used to go to bed with 70%+ remaining now it's normally under 20%. The only thing I can think of I've installed is auto sleep. Does anyone have battery issues with this? It's not really showing up in the battery stats so I'm not sure it's that. I guess I'll have to uninstall and see.
had worse on my XS, 6 months old, battery would last me from 9am to 9am with a good percentage left, then i started getting low or no battery around tea time from a full charge at 9am and phone started to get really hot, so a full reset and restore and everything is back to normal now

Back
Top Bottom