** World of Warcraft : Shadowlands **

Soldato
How does changing spec work? Seems a couple of posts regarding Shadow Priest. I have levelled as a Disc Priest through a couple expansions but never stuck to the endgame. Lvl 50 now but still playing BFA content.

I have my bars and what it all set up how I want for now. I only use WA, Details and DBM add-ons. Will changing spec trash my bars and Macros like they used to many moons ago?

Are you using anything like ElvUI? The bars change automatically when I change spec (which I would want it to do) but you can switch the option off.

Been levelling a prot paladin. It seems to kill mobs just as quick as ret with the added survivability. 6 hours and up to level 30. I'm no way a power leveler but that's pretty quick, I'd imagine it'll pick up now I have flying.

Associate
May give the pre-patch a go for some relaxed gaming.

Good chance to try out some old characters that never progressed passed max level of previous expansions.

Associate
I was planning on playing shadowlands on release but as it got delayed I thought I'd give it a go when the pre-patch hit.

I was already max level but not played since reaching that ages ago so my gearscore is 70 :( which is pretty terrible. I'm pretty much lost on what to do, is there a way of getting higher gear quickly at the moment, if not I don't see the point in playing until shadowlands?

Until the scourge invasion events start up, gearing up is the usual dungeons, world quests, war campaign storyline. Once the invasions hit (likely in the next few weeks) there will be events and bosses throughout icecrown (mainly) that will reward ilevel 100 gear as a catchup mechanic going into shadowlands.

Soldato
Until the scourge invasion events start up, gearing up is the usual dungeons, world quests, war campaign storyline. Once the invasions hit (likely in the next few weeks) there will be events and bosses throughout icecrown (mainly) that will reward ilevel 100 gear as a catchup mechanic going into shadowlands.

OK thanks, I'll probably wait for that then, PvP is a no go at my current item level and I can't see the point in grinding dungeons etc for no gear that will be no better than the 100 you mention.

Associate
Jumped back into WoW for this patch, switched to Alliance after many years on Horde

First impressions, Leveling is fast, but enjoyable. Started a mage and chose to go to Legion to level, got my artifact but its not any better than my heirloom staff, moved to WoD, and levelling speed there is fast.

Rerolled a DK, they start at level 8, again levels came at a decent pace, this time i went to BFA, Kul Tiras and mixed in LFG dungeons with it, again flying through levels, gold seems to flood in as well, enjoying BFA story as Alliance as i only ever done it as horde.

My plan at 50 is to check out Timeless Isle to see if the gears any good, also do WoD to get my garrison maxed and Legion to max base of operations, these are just fun side things while i wait for the events to start.

Has anyone tried the new AMD drivers? If so noticed any fps change?

Associate
just got a BETA invite that I might give a go. Does anyone else have one? Id be happy to post screens if wanted, but its not something im going to play on release.
Yes am in beta, have been for weeks now, have played WoW from the 1st beta all them years ago and never stopped, SL is ok, just feels to much like Legion with a new paint job on top.....

Soldato
Yes am in beta, have been for weeks now, have played WoW from the 1st beta all them years ago and never stopped, SL is ok, just feels to much like Legion with a new paint job on top.....

Id be happy with that loved legion. Resubbed for the pre patch and have been having a blast levelling alts after the level squish and the changes to levelling. Looking forward to the event and shadowlands

Soldato
Levelled my pala in prot spec which I really enjoyed. Think I'll main pala (providing ret is fun to play, I prefer DPS but wouldn't mind tanking dungeons/back up tank).

Also going through and getting all the allied races (have a couple of ally and a couple of horde to get). Thinking about unlocking bfa flying but I'll have to start the rep grind from 0 for pathfinder part 2 (stopped playing during 8.1) but hopefully won't take too long with the 100% bonus rep.

Soldato
Ah, they are not taking it out until Shadowlands launches then. If they keep it an and have removed Draenor and Legion ones that just seems a bit weird since you can level in any area these days.

I’d imagine they’ll keep the requirement in until the next expansion (after shadowlands) or they would have taken it out already.

Soldato
Quick question, has this been officially delayed again? The internet seems to be alight as normal but couldn't see anything official or useful amongst it.

The wow site shows as a pre-purchase still but that's all I could see. I know they made an apology at start of October but thought that was the delay until 27-28th.

Tbh in current climate it's totally understandable if it is the case

Ta

Ben

Soldato
Quick question, has this been officially delayed again? The internet seems to be alight as normal but couldn't see anything official or useful amongst it.

The wow site shows as a pre-purchase still but that's all I could see. I know they made an apology at start of October but thought that was the delay until 27-28th.

Ta

Ben

Yes it's been delayed, currently no known release date at the moment.

Soldato
Do we still need to have the skinning knife and fishing pole in our bags to use the skill or has that been done away with? Been away for a while so might have all changed, if so I can free up a couple of bag spaces :)

Soldato
Do we still need to have the skinning knife and fishing pole in our bags to use the skill or has that been done away with? Been away for a while so might have all changed, if so I can free up a couple of bag spaces :)

You definitely don't need the fishing pole, can't say on the Skinning Knife as I haven't had a Skinner for years now.

I'm back on Classic for the moment, not enjoying the changes to my classes that I play at the moment, I'm sure it'll be sorted once they've got everything up and working in SL and we get the extra abilities etc.

Back
Top Bottom