What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Just started RDR2. Been putting this off for too long. Any tips? I’d like to just concentrate on the mission content.

As someone who recently completed it and did most side quests, it drags terribly at the end. However, I didn't know that you can do most, if not all side quests after completing the main game.

So just avoid them all, (EDIT: Actually for some side quests it's relatively clear to the player that some will lead to good things like equipment early on in the game, still do those, only stop when you've had enough to focus on main story, some side q's appear miles away in far reaches of map, rarely worth riding to mid game) if you still like the game after the main story then you can play them afterwards.

Look before you leap, your horses can't take much of a drop.

If you get a vibe before a quest like "**** is going down" then maybe don't take your favourite, most levelled up horses along with you.

Some emergent gameplay quests, (IE: no quest marker encounters) can lead to getting free weapons, etc, some just lead to just being annoying and taking you off your main mission, but may be worth doing some of those even if leaving sidequests, but these too should remain after the game's main quest is done.

Make sure to loot enemies as you can get by not buying ammo or health items ever that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried Resident Evil 7 as I fancied getting into some games again, but it's not really what I want at the moment and I just can't get into it. Quit out on the second location and haven't gone back for a few days.

Then I started The Witness, which started out pretty engaging. But, rather like The Talos Principle, for me it has now emphatically gone from "wow, this environment and these puzzles are really cool" to "come on, how many of these damn things are there anyway?!"

Just installed Yakuza 0 to see if that grabs me any more, but maybe I'm just in a gaming slump again.

Associate
Ride 4, anyone playing this? I'm loving the game. I skipped Ride 3 but Ride 4 feels like a master piece. Many people complain it's difficult and yeah, I agree it is pretty tough. In a replay they have an amazing helmet camera view which I really hope they add to the game as a rideable camera.

Also PES 2020 and 2021 and Emergency 20.

Yeh I picked up Ride 4 today, only played about 5 mins to check it out so keen to jump back in when I can. Its my first Ride game so am fresh to the game

Associate
Currently playing Kingdoms Of Amalur Re-reckoning. Not bad so far but im having a hard time with the graphics. I was expecting more from a remaster in 2020. I mean dang, some of the graphics look like ass.

Associate
After resisting the temptation to get D:OS3, umm ... sorry BG3, I decided to pick up and play Pathfinder : Kingmaker. What a beast of a game - I think I may get lost in it for an eternity.

Man of Honour
After resisting the temptation to get D:OS3, umm ... sorry BG3, I decided to pick up and play Pathfinder : Kingmaker. What a beast of a game - I think I may get lost in it for an eternity.

Pathfinder Kingmaker is a superb game, I loved it..well, at least I did love it once they had put in the turn based combat mode. Before that I didnt love it , but turn based combat made me fall in love with the game :)

Caporegime
Currently playing Kingdoms Of Amalur Re-reckoning. Not bad so far but im having a hard time with the graphics. I was expecting more from a remaster in 2020. I mean dang, some of the graphics look like ass.

A bit like Titan Quest. A cheap job to see whether there would be much interest for any DLC. Although I think they've already committed to doing one lot.

Associate
I've still yet to go for it. Waiting to see what happens in the Halloween sales
Grabbed Xbox Game Pass because it's a quid for the first month and installed Wasteland 3. Yet to play though

BG3 is really REALLY good considering the state it's in btw. Also I started playing DOS2 again like a week after finishing with the current content in BG3 and while sharing a few obvious similarities they actually feel nothing alike

Associate
Hunt Showdown has been my thing for most of this year, the love affair started on PS4 and was the main reason I did a system upgrade and moved back over to the PC.

I recently took the opportunity to jump in to EFT and I'm equal parts loving and loathing the game. It's a brutal world to jump in at as a newbie, that grind to level 10 is painfully unforgiving, but nothing is sweeter than wrecking a fully geared up(lv50+) Chad and stealing his stuff.

Back
Top Bottom