Best Asus x99 board ?

Associate
I have an x99-s motherboard that is starting to have issues. To save money I'd like to replace the board and hopefully upgrade a little while keeping all my other parts.

What was the best, highest spec x99 board they made ?

Soldato
I used the E WS with 5960x for few years. Was pretty rock solid with later BIOS updates. Could Overclock just aswell as the Rampage board I tired the chip with. for memory did 8 sticks fine at 3200 MHz and worked solid with 3 gpus in.

Would be slightly wary of overpaying though. If too much, could possibly be better off selling your 6850k and X99-S board and just going for say a 6 core ryzen + board or something I would have thought.

Soldato
That board has headers for two pairs of USB3 ports.
So unless you're already using them for front connectors of the case you could look for some USB3 port PCIe bracket.

Anyway there's no sense to buy any expensive boards for by todays standards low end 6 core.

Associate
OP
That board has headers for two pairs of USB3 ports.
So unless you're already using them for front connectors of the case you could look for some USB3 port PCIe bracket.

Anyway there's no sense to buy any expensive boards for by todays standards low end 6 core.

One of the internal USB headers has a broken pin. Also my Corsair mp600 m2 ssd is limited by the x99 chipset..

Soldato
X99-E WS is a great board. I had nothing but troubles with the WS IPMI boards but this was initially and possibly down to the IPMI integration as it didnt lend well to some of the voltage manipulation options and fan control. I believe this was changed in later BIOS updates but i never revisited.

Just be careful with buying a X99-E WS board though as recently when i have tried to get any replaced Asus no longer had stock or RMA stock.

Back
Top Bottom